INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video stuttering in M C27  (Read 379 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Video stuttering in M C27
« on: October 09, 2020, 08:26:03 am »

Hi,

After upgrading to MC 27 the other day, I went on to watch a movie (1080p MKV file, 10 bit x265, 23,98Hz reported in MC tag), and I could not get it to play without constant stuttering every 4-5 seconds, like when the screen is set to the wrong refresh. I tried both auto display mode and manually cycling through all available refresh rates (23, 24, 50, 59 and 60 Hz) but it didn't help.

I just installed MC 27 like normal with settings and library migrated from MC 26. Thankfully I hadn't uninstalled MC 26 yet, so I closed MC 27 and tried the movie in MC 26 and there it played silky smooth. What can be the issue here? What changed from MC 26 to MC 27 in regard to video playback and rendering? I use Red October HQ. Tried to turn on Exclusive rendeing mode in MadVR, but didn't help. Never experienced this in any previous versions in MC either.

Tried some other movies, too, even different encoding (H.264) but same result. Stuttering in MC 27, smooth in MC 26.

No audio stutter, only video. Didn't try any smoothing settings like Videoclock, but why would I suddenly have to use such features when all previous versions play fine without them?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Video stuttering in M C27
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 08:33:44 am »

Make sure you're running the latest:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,127101.0.html

A timer problem could create stutters.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up