INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSF 'Year' Metadata not recognised  (Read 1042 times)

One and a half

• Recent member
DSF 'Year' Metadata not recognised
« on: October 11, 2020, 10:03:01 pm »

Hello, could use some help with a problem.
When showing the contents in Album view, the Year is displayed as unknown year, all other details are correct, artist, album artist, track, album name.

Converter ISO to DSF (Audio Inventory 48x44) and tagging with MP3Tag (latest versions), the Year as defined in MP3Tag in the standard panel. The values in MP3TAG are shown OK, and also in Roon, the year is displayed as the data for Roon is taken from file rather than its own imagination.

This problem also noticed in V26 (last version before V27).

Is the Year format confused with the date value contents? I thought the field would ignore the last digits of no consequence.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSF 'Year' Metadata not recognised
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 01:53:50 am »

Select one of the files in the Album, open the tagging window, search for "date" in the search box at the bottom of the tagging window. Learn all the different dates stored in MC.
Search for "year" in the search box at the bottom of the tagging window. You will see it is empty.

The [Year] field in MC is not the Year tag in MP3TAG, which is actually a Date field. Normally the Year tag, which is actually a date, is imported into the MC [Date] field. The [Year] field is then calculated in MC based on the [Date] field.

The [Release Date] is a different field. Maybe that is what you are showing in MP3TAG.

Fix your tagging.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

One and a half

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 05:46:06 am »

The Year field shown from MP3 tag is %year%, discogs filled the field as a DATE in the %Year% field.

As you suggest, the Year tag in MC can be filled manually.

Did you delete an expletive prior to "Fix your tagging", would make the sentence whole.

Nm.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 06:23:11 am »

No, I didn't delete an expletive. As an Australian, I use them extensively in real life, but I don't think they add value in discussions on a forum.  ;)

The data definition of the Year field in MP3TAG is a date. i.e. YYYY-MM-DD or a variation of that. I haven't looked it up for this thread. It is that way for historical reasons.

You can enter a value into the [Year] field in MC, but if you do it will also update the [Date] field. The two fields are programmatically linked.

You just need to get the correct date into the correct [Date] field, and MC will calculate the [Year] field, and you won't see "Unknown Year" anymore.

With a little research I'm sure you can establish a workflow that gets the correct date information into MC and your issue will be solved.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up