INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Music Files  (Read 521 times)

Darkkarma

Playing Music Files
« on: October 12, 2020, 12:53:11 am »

When I select an artist and click "albums" JRiver Media Center 27 just plays the first album and then stops. How can I get it to continue playing all the artists albums?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playing Music Files
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 02:13:11 am »

There are many ways to add multiple Albums to MC. Simply, select whatever you want to play, and select Play, or add them to Playing Now, and then play what is in Playing Now.

The simplest way to add all Albums for a specific Artist to Playing Now, and have them play is:
Open the "Audio > Artists" View.
Find the Artist you want to listen to. Rather than a single Cover Art image in this View, you will see a fan of multiple images for all their Albums.
Click on the fan of images.
Hover your mouse over the images and a small menu will display. Click the Play menu item.

The Artist's Albums will all be added to Playing Now for the Zone you are playing to, and begin to play. Check Playing Now to see what I mean. Watch MC progress through all the tracks. Shuffle them if you wish.

Note that there are settings in the MC Options that change the way it behaves. If the above doesn't happen for you, then you probably need to review settings. But I think with that menu item the above will always work.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Darkkarma

Re: Playing Music Files
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 12:46:35 am »

It worked. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up