INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pause after playing  (Read 809 times)

Shalmaneser

• Recent member
Pause after playing
« on: October 12, 2020, 12:17:43 pm »

Is it just me or should this be a mode instead of a one-off? I like to set something going and fall asleep. The monitor shuts down on idle time and all is quiet. Sometimes I'm not fully asleep and kick it to next on the play list. This in turn clears the 'stop after play'. Waking up enough to reset the 'stop after play" often further prolongs my falling asleep. Yeah, it's a nitpick, but isn't that what programming's all about? Picking the nits?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Pause after playing
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 05:29:10 pm »

I was wondering what this "Pause after playing" you mention was, but then I saw you meant the "Stop after playing" function.

This is what I would try, given the existing functionality in MC.

1. Set up a Smartlist that selects random "going to sleep" music, and limits the selection to a certain number of tracks, or a time limit.
2. Set up a command in the Resource.xml file to send the MC Core Command 30007 "Play Playlist" to play the Smartlist.
2. Set up a button on a programmable remote control to send the command set up in step two.

Then if I was still awake when the music stopped playing, I would just press the remote button, the Smartlist contents should refresh, and another set of tracks would be played.

I haven't tested the above, and it depends on you having a programmable remote, but it should all work.
You could also use some scripting language to set the MC "Stop after playing" function and start playback.
Or maybe even use a voice control solution.
The best approach depends on how you interact with MC when in bed, and basically asleep.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up