INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.150 available here  (Read 2970 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.150 available here
« on: April 15, 2003, 02:39:24 pm »

Media Center 9.0.150 is available.    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90150.exe

1. Fixed: Various problems related to WMA playback were fixed.
2. Changed: Properties menu item was removed from mini-me right click menu.
3. Fixed: TiVo problem with smartlists with random ordering.
4. Fixed: Changing TiVo slideshow options works.
5. NEW: Ctrl+Shift+F cycles through all available analog TV standards of the capture device.
6. Fixed: Media Center could crash if stop button was pressed during playback of video files.
7. Changed: Lots of Hairstyle improvements.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

FrankL

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 9.0.150 available here
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 02:46:43 pm »

I might have missed something in my days away from the forum, but I noticed that the Beta tag of the new builds has been removed.  Does this mean that Media Center had been released officialy?

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 02:59:16 pm »

I think it's more like a Release Candidate  ::)
Made in Portugal

sraymond

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 03:00:51 pm »

5. NEW: Ctrl+Shift+F cycles through all available analog TV standards of the capture device.

To whomever added this (Yaobing?)...  let me say... AWESOME.  It works great.  I really appreciate this function (well, my computer illlierate wife appreciates it even more).

Scott-

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2003, 03:11:06 pm »

Matt,

would you please be more specific about "Lots of Hairstyle improvements"! Yes, there is a new skin (don't know if it was already there, as I had Mouseman's Sunrise skin set for a while. Yes, the skin looks good, but what about functionality?
Don't play around with Hairstyle every day, but cannot find anything really new!

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2003, 03:19:36 pm »

Still unable to move folders between drives.  In this release, I wasn't even able to move a folder at all in the same drive.

This bug has been verified by other users (e.g., xen-mue).
Toast goes in the toaster.

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2003, 03:19:43 pm »

»1. Fixed: Various problems related to WMA playback were fixed.  
If it's the the problem i have playing Wma files on another computer using Media Server is not solved ( the Wma files as encoded using V2 and V8 of Wma and with DRM turn off )

Bug: I can't have on the DSP studio the option for 5.1 channels JRSS or other numberr of channels outpup with the effects turn on ( Ex: 8'' subwoofer )

Bug: Using 5.1 Channels JRSS with ASIO the visualizations don't work

Media Center Registered 9.0.150 -- C:\Programas\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1717 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 223 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: HP       CD-Writer+ 8200a   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Made in Portugal

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2003, 03:59:37 pm »

would you please be more specific about "Lots of Hairstyle improvements"! Yes, there is a new skin (don't know if it was already there, as I had Mouseman's Sunrise skin set for a while. Yes, the skin looks good, but what about functionality?
Don't play around with Hairstyle every day, but cannot find anything really new!

It has a new set of controls (arrows), and you can page up and down through thumbnails by using the normal editing keys.  Tab switches between buttons and thumbnails.

It's a little buggy, and the arrow images aren't final, but the next build or two will get it right.

ZRocker

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2003, 06:22:38 pm »

Bugs:
1. If you exceed the burn capacity estimate for a data CD burn, MC displays a bogus number of MBs left to burn...like 4083.0MB left when at 102% (129 files, 693.1MB used, 4083.0MB left).  Would be nice if MC displayed 'nnn.nMB over' instead of left.

PhDSM

• World Citizen
Still Open:Re: Media Center 9.0.150 available here
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2003, 10:18:07 pm »

Media Center is Great product  :) and the visualization studio a very cool features :D, but please  ::) fix the access to Composer & Custom fields, it is shame  :o to be able to display the title of a track but not the composer, especially when you listen to classical music :'(.

Still Open:

In trackInfo :
>TRACKINFO_INSERT_CUSTOM1
>TRACKINFO_INSERT_CUSTOM2
>TRACKINFO_INSERT_CUSTOM3
are not working.
enable acces to composer field via TRACKINFO_INSERT_COMPOSER

In Visualization Studio the text field:
>CUSTOM_1
>CUSTOM_3
>CUSTOM_3
are not working.
enable acces to composer field via  >COMPOSER

Rgds

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 01:10:24 am »

bug:

- mc9 can't create databases in folders with a '.' in their names. creates it, but fails to load.

Ingo

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2003, 01:27:55 am »

Bug: Let MC connect to a remote media server.  Quit MC by pressing the "X" button on the main window while the "Downloading" dialog is in the "Connecting..." state.  You will get a dialog saying that a package could not be installed and that "more info:  Failed to unzip file ...".

Bug: When audio analysis is running, the rest of Media Center refuses to accept keyboard input.  I can't search for anything while audio analysis is running, for example, because I can't type anything into the search field.  I can't use keyboard shortcuts like ctrl-S or ctrl-P.  This is only when the audio analyzer is actually running.  If I stop it but leave the analysis window open everything works like it should.  This is very annoying.

Cosmetics: I'm running MediaCenter with the PixOS skin.  If I bring up the Audio Analysis tool, its window is skinned.  If I shrink it, I get a plain Windows 2000 "collapsed" window title bar (even if I run it under XP).  That it isn't skinned is not a major problem, but if I click somewhere close to the minimize/close buttons the skinned orange/red minimize/close buttons suddenly turn up.  Not a major bug, but it does make a bad impression:  

Cosmetics: If I set the system to use large fonts, then the left-hand column of icons and text in the options dialog is too narrow to display all the text, and the space between icons is not tall enough.  I get "File ssociation" and "File Naming &", for example.

Cosmetics: Options / General.  The items in Behavior overflow the subpanel so that "Start playing when files..." overwrites the bottom border of the panel.  PixOS theme, using large fonts.

Request: There should be a way to analyze audio without setting the BPM field, since the BPM calculator often does not give the right answer.  If I have music where I have already calculated BPM using another program, and I want to analyze replay gain, I have to create a new field, copy the old BPM values there, run audio analysis, and then copy the old correct values back into the BPM field.

nila

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2003, 04:01:09 am »

about to burn a CD.
Still that LONG lagg when going to the burn cd screen. I'm talking around 20 seconds which is unacceptable for final release.
Also experiencing this when deleting files from the burn list. Again around 15 seconds making this totally unusable.

Also - The status says:
No disk loaded
117% (151 files, 797.1Mb used, 3979.1MB Left) <- bug!

Highlighted text in the search bar is also still totally illegible - again a no go for final release.

Media Center Registered 9.0.150 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center 9\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1667 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 691 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive I: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2003, 08:10:55 am »

RENAME FILES FROM PROPERERTIES

When doing this and moveing from one drive to another the files were changed and renamed properly.

The Bug is the Data Base did not change the file name correctly.  It did not add the album name.

MC
D:\work area\Box Tops - 00 - Sweet Cream Ladies, Forward Ma.mp3  

ON DISC
D:\work area\zzzwork- Box Tops - 00 - Sweet Cream Ladies, Forward Ma.mp3

UPDATE:  It left me with duplicate files in the data base, and the udate option leaves them both because it finds them both (only one file on disc 2 in data base).. I will move files to another folder and then fix.

BUT this seems to be a BUG.
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

webtree

• Recent member
  • Know where I'm going? Na, I'm just winging it...
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2003, 08:28:04 am »

with 9.0.137 I could listen to a streaming radio station fine.  When I jumped to 9.0.150 when I select open streaming media and select the stored link there I get a dialog box, can be seen here:

http://www.mcwebtree.co.uk/mc/mp_miss.gif

Clicking the exit button has no effect, the dialog flashes, and is back.  I'm unsure which version of WMP I have as it seems to have dissapeared from the start menu, but 5 minutes ago it was playing fine with MC9.0.137

Clicking Download loads the msdownload page fine, but the dialog box stubornly stays on the screen.

MC is fully functional in the background. Playing the old playlist, and responding to requests.

Media Center Registered 9.0.150 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2362 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 80 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: RICOH    DVD/CDRW MP9200    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

TimB

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2003, 08:36:24 am »

Still having problems with WMA format files ("The source filter for this file could not be loaded.", I recently installed WMP 9.00.00.2980.

I can duplicate this every time using "BBC radio 5 live" in the Web Media section of MC9.

Media Center Registered 9.0.150 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2398 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 130 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: AOPEN    CD-RW CRW4048      Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up