Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dirac  (Read 2865 times)

whataboutbob1

• World Citizen
dirac
« on: October 16, 2020, 01:06:11 pm »

Hi,

I downloaded MC 27 with a free trial (I currently have MC 23) to try Dirac.  I downloaded dirac and dirac live.  I am thinking dirac will be accessed through the DSP Studio and then Manage Plug-ins? I am stuck as that point.

When I did downlaod dirac it scans for what they called Hi Fi devices. On my computer it states it did not find any HiFi devoces.  That may have nothing to do with Media Center.

Thoughts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: dirac
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 01:08:57 pm »

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 02:33:13 pm »

Hi,

I downloaded MC 27 with a free trial (I currently have MC 23) to try Dirac.  I downloaded dirac and dirac live.  I am thinking dirac will be accessed through the DSP Studio and then Manage Plug-ins? I am stuck as that point.

When I did downlaod dirac it scans for what they called Hi Fi devices. On my computer it states it did not find any HiFi devoces.  That may have nothing to do with Media Center.

Thoughts?

Flak (Flavio) wrote a good manual

stevehughes

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 05:42:22 pm »

Hi,

Thoughts?

You are right. If you install the Dirac VST2 plug-in into JRiver you should find that it then gets detected by the Dirac calibration software.

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 08:15:22 pm »

For the plug in to be found you need to start playback in JRiver.  It will not usually see the plugin unless you first start playback before opening the Dirac Live software.

Install plugin
Make sure you have a valid sample rate 192khz or less. 
Start playback in JRiver
Start up Dirac Live software

Not sure how the trial version works, but you probably also need to be logged in to your Dirac account in DL software.

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 06:44:25 am »

You are right. If you install the Dirac VST2 plug-in into JRiver you should find that it then gets detected by the Dirac calibration software.

It is not. Maybe it was fixed in October release, but you should start playback in JRiver to get it detected by DL

stevehughes

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 11:01:43 pm »

I did forget to mention that little quirk sorry.   Ive only just setup Dirac myself.  My experience with the latest JRiver was that it was not necessary to hit 'play' in order for the VST2 to be detected by DL,  but it was necessary to press 'play' in order to get the test sweeps from DL to play.

whataboutbob1

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 11:01:57 am »

For the plug in to be found you need to start playback in JRiver.  It will not usually see the plugin unless you first start playback before opening the Dirac Live software.

Install plugin
Make sure you have a valid sample rate 192khz or less. 
Start playback in JRiver
Start up Dirac Live software

Not sure how the trial version works, but you probably also need to be logged in to your Dirac account in DL software.
With these instructiuons I get stalled at "Install plugin"

Here is what I do:

Open MC
go to tools and then options
Go to settings and dsp studio
then click on manage plug ins
click the first heading
then I stall as I don't see a plug in to select
what should I be looking for at that point??

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 09:02:39 am »

Once you select Add JRiver, VST or Winamp....

Selection dialog box should display

Dirac plugin (VST2) should be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2 (that is default location of Dirac installer)

Browse to that location and select DiracLiverProcessor.dll
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

whataboutbob1

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 02:12:35 pm »

Once you select Add JRiver, VST or Winamp....

Selection dialog box should display

Dirac plugin (VST2) should be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2 (that is default location of Dirac installer)

Browse to that location and select DiracLiverProcessor.dll

Hi. This worked. But now I have questions about Dirac.  Their website syated the software could be downloaded for free. But now that MC is connected to Dirac (Dirac Live) the software tells me I need to buy a license. So my question is, if you know the answer, are all Dirac programs a fee for service? Or are there version that can be used withour cost?  Thx!

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 03:01:00 pm »

Should be a 30 day trial period.  After trial ends you need to purchase license.  I'd suggest you setup online account with them.   There should be option to create account once you select login.

Full License is activated via your account with Dirac's servers.  Same might be true for trial license, but I'm not positive of process since it has been long time since I had trial version.

Once you have account you can submit questions to helpdesk regarding process for trial license, or anything else that might come up while you are testing. 
Creating account is free, so no worries there.

You get to the helpdesk by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting the Contact us option.

They generally respond within a business day (I believe there is  6 hour time difference from CST US location).

Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

whataboutbob1

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2020, 01:23:50 pm »

Should be a 30 day trial period.  After trial ends you need to purchase license.  I'd suggest you setup online account with them.   There should be option to create account once you select login.

Full License is activated via your account with Dirac's servers.  Same might be true for trial license, but I'm not positive of process since it has been long time since I had trial version.

Once you have account you can submit questions to helpdesk regarding process for trial license, or anything else that might come up while you are testing. 
Creating account is free, so no worries there.

You get to the helpdesk by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting the Contact us option.

They generally respond within a business day (I believe there is  6 hour time difference from CST US location).

Thank you!

Bob

dmstults

Further Question on Dirac Live, Media Network, JRiver MC 27
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2021, 10:00:48 am »

Hi all,

I just purchased Dirac Live and imported VST3 into JRiver Media Center 27.  The Dirac Live Processer is visible and logged in under my name in both non-network JRiver Player and through the Media Network DNLA Renderer.

My priority is to play through the Media Network.

While I can play music (or white sound for Dirac) through my network using either the Dirac Virtual Audio Device or JRiver Media Center, the Dirac Live Processor withing the JRiver DSP area does not show any signal in the signal bars on the right hand side of Dirac Live Processor.

In contrast, using a local zone, Player, I can see that the Dirac Live Processor is receiving the signal. 

What is happening?  And, is there something I can fix to get a visible signal into Dirac Live Processor within the  JRiver DSP?  Should I be using VST2 instead of VST3?
Pages: [1]   Go Up