INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 27 Breaks Integer Mode  (Read 1100 times)

taltalon

• Recent member
MC 27 Breaks Integer Mode
« on: October 16, 2020, 04:09:32 pm »

Hi All,
I have Fiio's K5 PRO AMP/DAC. Latest firmware (there are no updates yet) -  Works Flawlessly with MC26 with Exclusive Access ON and Integer Mode on.
I also enabled Hardware buffers at Maximum when playing DSD256 otherwise playback breaks.
As of MC27 - if Integer Mode is enabled - i get no audio. instead static noise and sweeps. Disabling Integer Mode fixes the problem. No such issues on MC26.
Setting back the Hardware buffers to default has no impact when Integer Mode is ON. No audio playback and weird sweeps...

Help ! :(

Thanks
Tal

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 27 Breaks Integer Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 10:51:13 am »

Hi All,
I have Fiio's K5 PRO AMP/DAC. Latest firmware (there are no updates yet) -  Works Flawlessly with MC26 with Exclusive Access ON and Integer Mode on.
I also enabled Hardware buffers at Maximum when playing DSD256 otherwise playback breaks.
As of MC27 - if Integer Mode is enabled - i get no audio. instead static noise and sweeps. Disabling Integer Mode fixes the problem. No such issues on MC26.
Setting back the Hardware buffers to default has no impact when Integer Mode is ON. No audio playback and weird sweeps...

Would you mind including logs from both MC26 and MC27?

I suspect your device doesn't support 24 bit integer mode so when you selected that in MC26, it silently falls back to float mode. The log will tell.

The difference between MC26 and MC27 here is that when the integer mode option is checked, MC27 will start with 32 bit integer mode if the device supports it, then 24 bit mode if 32 bit mode isn't supported, then float mode if 24 bit mode isn't supported.

taltalon

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 02:36:12 pm »

Thanks - can you explain how I enable the logs and what to look for ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 02:37:38 pm »

There is a wiki topic on logging.

taltalon

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 02:41:11 pm »

Thanks - please note that I also tried with Audrivana (latest  release) with the same DAC (K5 Pro) - Integer Mode enabled there as well and Exclusive Access with large CoreAudio buffers - and all is well... the problem is only with MC27....

I'll try to get the logs...
Pages: [1]   Go Up