INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugin to rotate video?  (Read 749 times)

Lkdog

• Recent member
Plugin to rotate video?
« on: October 17, 2020, 01:33:34 am »

I did a search and a google search. Did not see a solution.
My videos I take with phone show up sideways.

Any ideas welcome. Thank you.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Plugin to rotate video?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 01:43:56 am »

MadVR can rotate video. It will do it automatically if the orientation flag in the file is set properly, and has hotkeys to do it manually if it isn't.

Use Red October HQ in Video Options to activate MadVR in MC.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 03:45:11 am »

I gave this a crack myself. I enabled it and the manual shortcut keys to rotate work Ctrl+Shift+Alt left & right. How do I tag a file for the right rotation? The Tag on a video has rotation field - but blank not clear what the options are to be entered here. I tried typing in 90 or 270 but that did not seem to work? Right click on the file does not seem to have an option either?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 04:02:04 am »

It's not a tag accessible to MC. It's in the header of the video file.

Some videos do not have the flag set properly, which is probably the case if MadVR doesn't rotate it correctly.

See here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=121583.0

Supposedly opening and re-exporting a video in Photoshop will fix it.

You could try playing it in VLC, or you could try googling for video editors that support your format that can edit the header.  MKVtoolnixGUI can edit the headers of MKV files, but I don't know if your phone can record as mkv.

Pages: [1]   Go Up