INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Column  (Read 1311 times)

Synesthesiatic

• Recent member
  • If anybody needs me, I'll be in my room
Cover Art Column
« on: April 15, 2003, 08:59:59 am »

I remember talk a ways back about adding a cover art column to the details view. I think this would by slicker than the current thumbnails view. Is there any chance of getting this in before shipping?

~ Adam ~

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art Column
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 09:11:28 am »

not sure what your talking about there is one under properties, and in the listing.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Synesthesiatic

• Recent member
  • If anybody needs me, I'll be in my room
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 09:43:32 am »

I'm talking about a thumbnail of the cover art displayed in the details view, in a column aside the title, track, album etc. I know you can get the path, put that's not quite the same, now is it  ;)

Swordsman

• Recent member
  • There can be only one...
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 09:52:24 am »

Synesthesiatic - correct me if I'm wrong....

KingSparta - I think what he means is to have the actual image show up in the row, not the text location of the image file.  I know it would make each row much bigger in height...but to see the thumbnail of the image without having to mouseover or look at the properties tab - that would be awesome!!!  The size of the image could be governed by the "Thumbnail size" option in the "View Style" dropdown.

Please please please - give this serious consideration....

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2003, 10:23:08 am »

Agreed...that would be very cool.  It would make navigation much easier -especially for new users.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2003, 11:08:11 am »

I see.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2003, 11:56:30 am »

Yes, that would be neat!
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

fex

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2003, 12:01:29 pm »

Not a must .... but nice!

DV8

• Junior Woodchuck
  • My Karma ran over my Dogma
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2003, 10:17:24 pm »

Only been using MC9 for a couple of weeks now and the ability to see the cover art in column mode would be great.

Is there a way to have MC9 grab cover art automatically from the Internet when cover art is missing? I have been doing it manually by selecting the songs from a particular album and then asking MC9 to go get the cover art from the internet. I has been working fine but I have a very large collection of albums that it is getting very tedious to do manually.
Any automation available or forthcoming?

Marko

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2003, 03:51:38 am »

Only been using MC9 for a couple of weeks now and the ability to see the cover art in column mode would be great.

Is there a way to have MC9 grab cover art automatically from the Internet when cover art is missing? I have been doing it manually by selecting the songs from a particular album and then asking MC9 to go get the cover art from the internet. I has been working fine but I have a very large collection of albums that it is getting very tedious to do manually.
Any automation available or forthcoming?

Already in place m8 :D
Go to playlists > autosmartlists (music) > task -- no images

In the properties window, find your coverart options and choose fetch from internet, and off it goes. Job done.

As for the thread topic....
I can't make my mind up. Yes it would be a cool idea, but would also hog a load of screen real estate, and I could see this being irritating at times. Needs to be an option, thumbnail or address, and we all know Matt's opinion re. options ;):D

Swordsman

• Recent member
  • There can be only one...
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 05:23:20 am »

I would suggest it simply be added as another available column choice.  So, when you right-click the column header and get a nice big list of available columns for that view, you could have both "Cover Art Location" and "Cover Art Thumbnail".

As for screen real estate, I think the size of it should be governed by the "Thumbnail Options" selection.  If you choose to set thumbnail size to "Small", it would make each row just over twice the height it is now (text-only).  That would be perfect for me.  Maybe some people would choose "Extra Small" which would not make their rows any bigger at all - but they could still instantly see what image is attached to that file.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up