INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chromecast : No renderer no gapless  (Read 1228 times)

deamon59

Chromecast : No renderer no gapless
« on: October 19, 2020, 11:31:25 am »

I have a Xiaomi Mi Box S, support Chromecast Audio protocol.
No problem with Spotify Connect, Deezer Hifi.

Regarding JRiver:
- I managed to create and configure the DLNA server
- I configured the DLNA options (I know them well I used JRiver for another network player)

Problem: Chromecast is not visible in JRiver as a renderer.
By installing BubleUPnP on a mobile phone it works (I see the DLNA server + the chromecast client).

1) I would have liked to control my readings on my computer via JRiver. A solution ?

2) Is it possible to have gapless, if so should I act on BubleUPnp or on JRiver?

Thank you and sorry for the language I am not English.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: Chromecast : No renderer no gapless
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 04:24:44 pm »

ChromeCast on its own does not act s a renderer, if you want JRiver to be able to see it as a DLNA device you will need to integrate something like BubbleUPnP to provide that functionality.

While this setup works well, I don't believe it supports Gapless playback.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 01:51:03 am »

I believe that the Xiaomi Mi Box S does run real Android TV, rather than just Android, so it should already have a DLNA Renderer built-in, or there should be an App you can run, or install and run, that would act as a DLNA Renderer. That is what you need for MC to see the Xiaomi Mi Box S directly and play to it. The Xiaomi Mi Box S isn't as powerful as the nVidia Shield, but should play audio well enough via DLNA.

Otherwise, if you can only play to Chromecast, going via BubbleUPnP seems to be the solution. MC > BubbleUPnP (server I believe) > Chromecast.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

deamon59

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 04:31:30 am »

It works !
1) install JAVA
2) install BubbleUPnP Server on Windows
3 )Be careful, shortcuts doesnt works !  Find BubbleUPnPServerLauncher.jar
4) Notification bar next to the time : right click on bubble, configure : Media Renderer : choose " chromecast or Mi Box " and click on "Create a DLNA renderer".

Done !
Pages: [1]   Go Up