INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locking playlists by user  (Read 296 times)

skywalker24

Locking playlists by user
« on: October 19, 2020, 10:55:02 pm »

Long time user, first time poster...  I have a question about locking playlists. 

While I've been a long time user, I hadn't had much need to use - until recently - the user control function to restrict access to media based on the user.  Recently, I've been exploring using the "user control" function to limit access to media by specific users and this function has been working as expected.   

Next, I'm interested in locking playlists at the user level.  That is, if user1 locks a playlist, I would like it if user2 couldn't unlock the playlist and edit it.  My kids are getting older and I'd like to enable them access to music and allow them to create their own playlists without risking them modifying my playlists.  Yes, I realize that the library is backed up regularly and I could recover info from there but I'd rather just lock and protect playlists.   

From running some trials, it appears that it doesn't matter who locks a playlists, any user appears to have the ability to unlock them.

The only thread that I found that touched on this topic is https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62274.0 (quite dated now) but this particular thread ended up going in a different direction.  Aside from that thread, I haven't been able to find anything

Is there a way to do what I'm looking for?  If so, if anyone could point me to some info on it, I would greatly appreciate it. 

If not, is it possible to add such functionality?

Thanks!   :)
Jason
Pages: [1]   Go Up