INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play-Pause When Double-Clicking Video Display to Enter-Exit Fullscreen  (Read 560 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I'm getting a pause when double-clicking to enter and exit Fullscreen View during video playback, much like is reported here (and previously): https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,127101.msg882049.html#msg882049

It triggers a Play/Pause event both when I double-click to enter and exit Fullscreen video playback, as though I'm both single-clicking and double-clicking the window simultaneously. When I double-click to enter Fullscreen, it'll pause. If I double-click again to return to Standard View (with it still paused) it un-pauses, or vice-versa. Switching via F11 or other methods does not trigger it. And, perhaps most interestingly, it only happens in Red October HQ mode. If I switch to RO Standard, it doesn't happen.

It happens on two of my PCs: an Intel NUC7i5BNB (Kaby Lake i5-7260U) and an Asus P8Z77-V (Ivy Bridge i7-3770). Both are using Intel integrated GPUs. I have not upgraded my HTPC to MC27 yet, which uses an nVidia GPU, but I don't believe it happens there with the latest MC26. I could be wrong (as I usually use my remote there) and I can't test it now, but I suspect I would have noticed there, and I haven't.

FWIW: The Asus i7-3770 might be borderline with ROHQ. Not sure. It looks fine when tested briefly, but it doesn't matter much to me because it is my server machine in a rack. I don't play videos there. The NUC however performs fine in ROHQ with most video, and gets fairly bad "corner tearing-flashing" artifacts in ROST. For settings, on the NUC I use:
ROHQ (regular, non-custom)
Enable 3D BluRay: Off
Hardware accelerate: On (tried with off, no change)
Optimize hardware decoding for performance: On (tried with off, no change)
VideoClock: On (tried with off, no change)

It has the latest Intel GPU and chipset drivers, and BIOS.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Play-Pause When Double-Clicking Video Display to Enter-Exit Fullscreen
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 10:32:03 pm »

This happens with the latest public MC27 build (and also the current beta).

And, I'll note: I'm not just messing up the double-click. It happens 100% consistently. I can't make it not do it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Play-Pause When Double-Clicking Video Display to Enter-Exit Fullscreen
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 01:05:40 pm »

It looks like it's only with madVR for some reason.  I'll try to kill the click timer on window layout (like jumping views) for the next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up