INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now - Player - List - How to...  (Read 753 times)

Pekotski

• Recent member
Playing Now - Player - List - How to...
« on: October 22, 2020, 04:47:08 am »

Hi there,

I am having a problem trying to figure out the weird behavior of the playlist.

1. The songs disappear from the list once they are played.
2. The Play icon is always on the top of the list instead of moving down the list (I guess this is related to the fact the songs are deleted from the list)
3. Additionally, when I right click on the folder containing sound files and then chose play - by default it starts
Playing Now, so to see the album photo and the list, I have to additionally click Player - any possibility that it will be focused on Player immediately after right click action?

Thanks for your help

Arkadiusz

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Playing Now - Player - List - How to...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 04:54:02 am »

Pekotski

Can you give a bit of context on where you are when you describe this, or maybe a picture. Expecially on the 3rd point. Are you in the main program, or in Panel or Gizmo etc.?

David
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

Pekotski

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 07:17:48 am »

Thanks for replying, David.
I am not using libraries. I am using the feature to play from the context menu in windows 7 (Enable shell integration)
The photo would be good, but I find it really seriously impairing not to have the option of adding the image from a local drive. Not planning to host my photos - sorry.
Here is the context:

1. Right-click on the folder containing my sound files (flac, mp3)
2. The context frame opens in windows and I chose 'Play in Media Centre' - that is JRiver
3. JRiver opens on Playing Now - playing the content already (pt.3)
4. So to see what is being played I have to click on the icon 'Play'
5. Every song is listed - but once it is played - the 'Play' icon doesnt go down the list. The title dissapear from the list and the next song is played. The total amount of the songs is reduced by one and so on.
6. Also the numbering is reset - so now the second song is first???

Please help Obi Wan Kenobi

Arkadiusz

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 12:50:57 am »

Interesting! I would say that 99.9% of the other users including me, do not use JRiver this way so have not come across this. However;

When I right click on a folder (or a group of individual tracks in a folder) and hit 'Play in JRiver' it load the whole lot in Playing now, starts playing as you said. But mine does not clear the tracks played, it counts down the list. See 'track Play'. See the folder, and on the left behind is the Playing Now list which is active. I can't find a setting that would make it clear items as they are played?

Most of us using JRiver have a set of media in folders, then import it into JRiver as a library (whether the fodlers are grouped or scattered around does not impact JRiver), unless I have not understood your context fully. Then we open JRiver, the go to the Audio media tree and play an album from there. See 'Album Play'. Also up the top you can configure the track name and details to display as you like, so I rarely look at Playing Now section? If you want to organise you file you can semi-automate it using F6 File Copy to move things around. If you configure "Auto Import' in the settings any file you add/move in Windows in that tree will be automatically imported/moved in your library.? Hope this helps. (PS for the Purists in the forum - the last 2 sentences is meant to get you going on journey of discovery, not be 100% coverage of every setting detail  :))
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

Pekotski

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 06:58:01 am »

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I managed to find the settings regarding clearing the played songs from the list: General -> Remove files from playing now, after they are played.
I am not using the lists or libraries - JRiver has messed up my file structure not once - adding, renaming, downloading, updating, exchanging album art aso - almost as if my decision matters nothing. If there is a list of settings to switch off so that this no longer does what no one is asking it to do, then maybe I reconcider. But for now it is just beyond control for me and I dont have a whole day to play with settings. Same goes for video library.

Thanks & regards
Pekotski

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 05:39:57 pm »

If you really want to turn this off so that no library is built in MC, then deselect or remove all the entries in Settings, Library & Folders, Auto-import and clearing entries under Configure Auto-import.

But I suggest you invest the time in learning how MC works, as Library management is its main feature and the reason I ditched slow, clunky troublesome iTunes many years ago. MC does not by default move any files around.  It creates a library entry for any files sitting in whatever folder, but presents them as grouped by album, artist etc. So something else must be going on with your setup that moves files around.  Some other media management software?
Dave
------
Pages: [1]   Go Up