INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folder art stored in relevant album folder  (Read 1138 times)

slaphead59

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Folder art stored in relevant album folder
« on: October 22, 2020, 04:47:05 pm »

Hi.
I'm having trouble getting this to work at present.
I want to get the album art, stored in the relevant album folder, and in most cases, purely due to OCD I suppose.
I know the album art is embedded in each track of the album, as when I play them, it shows up in the now playing screen.
I have tried searching old forum posts, and have come across some helpful advice, from here.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120367.msg832220.html#msg832220

and here

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art

As I want the albums cover art stored in the same folder as the albums music files, I believe these are the rules I need to follow.

Tools/options/file location/cover art, and use these settings

Audio Mode: In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)
- cover art is stored in the same folder as the audio file
- the filename must be Folder.jpg

Can someone please explain what " the filename must be Folder.jpg" means, please, as no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks in advance

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Folder art stored in relevant album folder
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 05:22:47 pm »

You haven't stated precisely what the problem is...

Is that you have set the options in file location->Cover art correctly, but the cover art is just not appearing in the folder as you expect?

Or are you doing something else?  If you've done something, say step by step what you actually did.

"the filename must be Folder.jpg" means you can't change the name from something else.  That's a windows thing. The filename "Folder.jpg" has special significance for Windows.

If the problem is that you've set the option and the cover art is just not magically appearing, that's because you have to explicitly tell MC to write the cover art file.  You will observe that on the "Cover Art" menu, there is an menu option that starts: "Save Cover Art..."
Use it.  MC will then do what the option says it will do, and you will see the cover art file appear.  If you're wanting that to happen to all your albums, select all your albums (or at least 1 file from each album) and issue the command.

Once you have the option set, MC will keep the file updated in the future (like if you change cover art for an album). But if you've changed the location in the option, to get MC to write the file the first time you either have to tell it explicitly (using that menu command) or just wait for it to happen the next time the cover art is modified (which might be never).

Make sense?

slaphead59

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 05:58:07 pm »

Hi Wer.
Firstly, thank you for responding, and apologies for not making myself clear.
I think we've cracked it though, now, so all is good.
In the Tools/options/file location/cover art, I have set it to "In the same folder as the file", and now when I run the command, it generates the album JPG file in the relevant album folder.

Thanks again,

Steve

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 07:12:35 pm »

Great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up