INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld conversions w/ DSP still have previous analysis data?  (Read 387 times)

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
Handheld conversions w/ DSP still have previous analysis data?
« on: October 25, 2020, 02:24:50 pm »

Hi:

I converted about 300 files for a handheld device, using DSP with, among other things, Adaptive Volume (Normalize).

Just for curiosity, I pulled them (the resulting files) into Playing Now and prepared to run an analysis on them. Before starting, I noticed that all the analysis columns were already filled with various results for each file. I was surprised to see that.

Then I re-ran the analysis on them, and watched how the old values were steadily replaced with new, different, higher values -- as one would expect given the above-noted DSP chain.

I'm pointing this out because -- while I'm not sure what use cases it would ever impact -- technically the files output from the conversion should not have inherited those old/wrong analysis values.

Perhaps they are being copied in with all the other pre-existing tags from the source files during handheld conversion? Perhaps they should be a) blocked during that operation, or b) analysis should be re-run automatically/optionally as part of the handheld conversion?

Thank you.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)
Pages: [1]   Go Up