INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export Playlist issues with relative option  (Read 821 times)

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
Export Playlist issues with relative option
« on: October 25, 2020, 03:15:38 pm »

When using 'Export Playlist off the context menu, the "store paths relative to exported playlist location" checkbox seems to have no effect. Im on 27 now, but this behavior appears to go way back in versions.

I'm trying to export to a device (USB stick) and want relative paths to that.  Whether its checked or not, the export paths are always absolute to the Server Library locations.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:301,Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
D:\Data3\Music\Nirvana\Nevermind\01 Smells Like Teen Spirit.mp3

In a similar vein, when using device sync, I need to have both extended playlist format AND relative paths for the playlists to be recognized by my car.   This combination does not seem possible in current Playlist format option pulldown.  You have to choose between M3U(relative) and M3U (extended).

see attached screen shots.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Export Playlist issues with relative option
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 03:18:40 pm »

You can use Handheld Sync in the Action Window to load a USB stick.  Try the wiki for more information.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 03:39:27 pm »

I am using the sync, and those are the options presented as shown in screenshot for the playlist sync to the device. (no option for extended and relative).

As for the context menu 'export playlist" that still looks to be a bug.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 06:13:19 am »

Given the number of combinatorics in the playlist format options  pulldown, and since you can't get valid combinations that are not in the pulldown) , I'd like to request a feature to have the the options as independently selectable items in the device options menu (it needs to be set/saved per device since all these devices require different settings)

playlist format:
 ()m3u  (x)m3uext ()m3u8 ()mpl () asx etc
()full paths (x) full paths without drive letter  etc
()relative paths ()relative paths without leading dot ()relative paths with forward slash  etc

And for the context menu 'export playlist', the relative playlist option doesn't current work.
Export all playlists doesn't provide any options.

So actually, the enhanced playlist format options menu could be used for all three scenarios.

Pages: [1]   Go Up