INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't sync multiple playlists to Astell & Kern SE200 internal storage  (Read 2502 times)

sg60

• Junior Woodchuck

I'm hoping the JRiver community might be able to help me out with a syncing problem I've been having. What I'm trying to do is transfer a few playlists to the internal disc on my Astell & Kern SE200. I also have an A&K SR15 and I'm having the same problem on that device as well. I use the sync method where I select the playlists and various sync options available when you right-click on the portable device and select options. All of the files transfer successfully but when I look on the A&K device after the transfer it only shows the first playlist with zero files. I don't know if this is an issue with Astell & Kern devices or if it's something to do with how I'm syncing with the device. I'm running MC25. Can anybody suggest what the problem might be?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't sync multiple playlists to Astell & Kern SE200 internal storage
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 09:41:34 am »

Please try a search here.  It's been discussed before.

sg60

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 09:48:11 am »

I've tried that I haven't found an answer yet.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 09:58:52 am »

Use a Google search, adding JRiver.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 01:36:39 pm »

I'm hoping the JRiver community might be able to help me out with a syncing problem I've been having. What I'm trying to do is transfer a few playlists to the internal disc on my Astell & Kern SE200. I also have an A&K SR15 and I'm having the same problem on that device as well. I use the sync method where I select the playlists and various sync options available when you right-click on the portable device and select options. All of the files transfer successfully but when I look on the A&K device after the transfer it only shows the first playlist with zero files. I don't know if this is an issue with Astell & Kern devices or if it's something to do with how I'm syncing with the device. I'm running MC25. Can anybody suggest what the problem might be?
What version of MC are you using?
What if you uncheck the "Enable Custom Playlist"? (Which is not present in my version of MC26 or 27)

Do you know which type of playlists your gear supports?

sg60

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 01:49:59 pm »

I tried with that checkbox both checked and unchecked but the results were the same. I'm not sure what specific playlist formats the A&K software supports. I figured M3U was pretty universal.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 01:53:22 pm »

I tried with that checkbox both checked and unchecked but the results were the same. I'm not sure what specific playlist formats the A&K software supports. I figured M3U was pretty universal.

yes m3u relative works well for me on a bunch of android phones I have, for SD cards in the car, etc...Leaving everything default as per your picture so not sure what it is..Only difference is that checkbox which I don't have with MC27...
What version of MC do you have?
Did you look at the instruction manual of your gear you should find the info there.

sg60

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 01:55:42 pm »

I'm using MC25. Unfortunately the user manual is not very helpful. It only provides information about creating playlists on the the device, not importing them from an external source. So it's pretty useless for what I'm after.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 02:05:09 pm »

I was curious I had a look at it you're right about the manual... One idea...Looks like you can access the SE200 just like any external storage drive so:

-Create a Playlist from the device itself and then have a look at the format under the Internal Storage\Playlists from your PC.

This should give you an idea.

EDIT: those playlist files [Usually] are editable with a text editor (notepad, notepad++ etc...)

Good Luck!

sg60

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 03:22:44 pm »

That's a good idea. I'll try experimenting with it this weekend. I did read on another post that Astell & Kern devices do not support externally created playlists. I can't substantiate that and I hope it's not true. I've submitted a question on their site about it so hopefully I'll get a response. It would be stupid if it is true. Imagine offering that kind of storage capacity in a high-end player without including the capability to import playlists from external sources. Incredibly short-sighted.

sg60

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 04:17:17 pm »

I've been fooling around with this idea for the last little while. Working with the internal storage is a little tricky. It won't let me open the playlist file with a text editor. I can copy the playlist file to the PC and make changes to it there but copying it back to the internal storage seems to be off limits. One way this might work is with a flash memory disk. It may be possible to add music files and playlist files (properly formatted) and then install the disk into the player's external memory slot. In theory the player should then scan the new disk and if the playlist files are properly formatted and the music is in the correct folder it might work. I'll have to test that theory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up