INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import Movie Library Not working Properly  (Read 1050 times)

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
Auto Import Movie Library Not working Properly
« on: October 31, 2020, 11:29:26 am »

Hi All,

I have a drive that all my movies are on, most in MKV file format.  I added the drive/folder before I had cleaned it up, renamed things and made it look organized etc.  After I realized this and had already imported them I decided to rename them all and clean everything up.  Well JRiver didn't do anything about it and completely ignored I had done any of that.  I had the entire folder inside of my auto-import settings and also had it watching for external changes.

I decided to delete the folder from the auto-import settings, delete all the files it had discovered in JRiver in my movies playlist section and seemingly everything was gone.

I then setup auto-import to do it all again and this time it's not pulling in all of the movies and many movies are named incorrectly as they were in the past.  I also verified I do not have ignore previously imported files checked so it should be allowed to import movies from the first time.  As an example, there 95 movies in my folder but only 71 come in and many are still named the same as before the cleanup.

What does it take to wipe it all out and start again as if JRiver never seen it in the first place?

Thanks!
Windows 10 Enterprise on Samsung SSD
16GB RAM
AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor (3.30GHZ)
GeForce NVIDA 1650 SUPER 4GB Video Card
Seagate EXOS 16TB Enterprise Drive for Movies
Pioneer Internal Blu Ray Burner/Drive
Exasound e28 DAC / ASIO Soundcard

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Auto Import Movie Library Not working Properly
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 08:59:57 pm »

So I have a few updates on this.

1.  I see now that the name doesn't come from the filename, it comes from a properties name field within the file itself.  Seems my only course of action is to rename each movie in JRiver to what I want it to be.

2.  In my 2nd attempt at importing movies, I did uncheck "Audio" files and didn't realize this would make me miss all my MP4 movies (exercise videos etc.).

After renaming a bunch of movies I was able to get them to properly load artwork etc.

I still need to work on getting all of my movies to import as I see several ISO images of my movies that won't import for some reason.  This one is being elusive to me as they are perfect RAW ISO images of the Movie and they won't import.

Thanks!
16GB RAM

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 11:02:57 am »

Few more updates.  I think I have this figured out.

I went ahead and did a complete library reset and then re-imported all my movies and music.  What I found was that I was unchecking audio for my movie locations which caused some movies including music concerts to be forgotten.  Additionally, I didn't have "Data" checked and so it wasn't finding my ISO files.

I have also went through the process of renaming files within JRiver itself and it's now finding the correct cover art and movie titles and working as expected.

Hope this helps someone else.
16GB RAM

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 05:10:09 pm »

You do realise that you can expand each file type group, Audio, Image, Video, Data, etc., in the Auto Import configuration for each folder being imported, correct? You can select exactly which file types are imported for each folder, rather than the whole group. I'm not sure from what you have written. For example, just select "Disk Image Files (iso,img,nrg,mdx)" under the Data group.

As to your earlier problem, search the forum for "Removed Database", particularly posts by Glynor and myself. You will understand some of what was going on.

It is a bit of a querk that MP4 appears under both the Audio and Video groups. So if you select Video, MP4 in Audio is automatically selected, but only MP4. If you then untick the Audio Group, you turn off MP4 in the Video group.

Much of you trouble would have been avoided if you did all your organising inside MC, instead of directly with the file using Windows Explorer.

Glad you got it fixed.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 09:32:49 am »

I do realize you can do that yes.  It just at the moment didn't cross my mind that a movie was data until I hit the well duh moment, that it was an ISO.  I also had no idea that when I unchecked MP4/audio, that it would uncheck MP4 in Video so that was helpful information thanks.

I read through the posts and it was definitely enlightening and lines up with what I was seeing.

For me personally, it makes sense to have my raw data scrubbed and clean long before I import or use a 3rd party tool against it.  However, once I started using all the functions I discovered and went deep into the program, I can clearly see why you would do most/all of it right in JRiver.  I actually decided to not scrub my data on a small imported session to see how JRiver would allow me to clean it up and it was really actually quite simple to use.  It still had it's quirks though as there are files in these folders I don't need, that are not imported and then sit there taking up space and making me crazy because "it's messy".

I have over 40TB of movies and I don't have the interest in letting JRiver "automatically" start moving my stuff around or making changes I might not be able to undo.  I have it planned the way I want it long before it gets imported into JRiver.  I didn't find a way to easily have JRiver tell my movie files to take their name from the name I gave it in JRiver/or it imported from IMDb.  I would love that to work.  That's probably possible, I just haven't either found it or it's in the "let JRiver do all the decisions of what to do with my data on the physical drives and move them to a new location" process.  I could be missing out not using those features however and certainly open to it if I can trust it.  It would have to be able to split up the "moving things around" to multiple locations since I have so much Music and Movies spread across many NAS and drives.

The more I have used this application over the years, the more I love it.
16GB RAM

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 03:54:21 pm »

I don't have the interest in letting JRiver "automatically" start moving my stuff around or making changes I might not be able to undo.

MC never moves stuff around or does things that you don't tell it to do. Unlike iTunes, for example, which used to copy files and/or move them invisibly, depending on settings, but by default.

I didn't find a way to easily have JRiver tell my movie files to take their name from the name I gave it in JRiver/or it imported from IMDb.

MC imports data from TheMovieDB using the "Get Movie & TV Info" function. It doesn't get data directly from IMDb, but have a look at ZRatings if you aren't using that.

To have MC rename the file to match the [Name] field in MC (the movie name), just use the "Rename, Move and Copy Files" function, with only the "Filename" section activated. You will need an expression for the file naming. I just use "[Name] ([Year])", without quotes.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up