INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restore library backup from MC26?  (Read 839 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Restore library backup from MC26?
« on: November 01, 2020, 11:17:28 am »

When I upgraded to MC 27 it did not transfer all of my settings from MC26 over. Now all of the custom remote commands will not work. Before I go through the process to reenter them can I do a library restore using the latest backup I have on file? I just reloaded MC26 and restored the library and all of my custom remote code are listed under remote commands. Can I just restore the settings and not the library? For some reason everytime I do a MC upgrade I always have to reenter all of my custom remote codes. Im I missing something when I do the new install?
Thanks
Tom
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Restore library backup from MC26?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 11:27:30 am »

Restoring your latest MC26 backup should also restore your settings.

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 11:43:02 am »

Thanks Jim, kind of what I thought but I wanted to check before trying to restore. Wonder why it does not do this automatically? It did find all of my movies and music. Hope this works.
Tom
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 12:41:44 pm »

Well the restore did not work. The custom remote setting commands now show up in Options-Remotes but do not work. Before the upgrade to MC27 I had all of my remote commands learned to MC26 and they all worked. I am using a MX-850 URC remote and live tv, recorded tv, guide, and many others were working. I am lost at this point. Seems like this happens everytime I do an upgrade to a new version of MC. I have the list of MC commands and have tried reentering them using RoderickGI's cheat sheet as I have done before but no luck this time. Any idea's?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 01:27:54 pm »

Did you reboot?

Check the batteries?

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 03:57:35 pm »

Did you reboot?

Check the batteries?

Yes and yes. I had to edit all of the custom commands to reflect MC27 instead of MC26. Now they are all working except the record button and Live TV. At least the wife can now use it. I will work on the others later.
Thanks for the help. Where can I find the hidden command for the recprd button?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 05:00:43 pm »

If you make custom commands like that, they are fixed (and could be, just as easily, pointed to a completely non-MC related application, like Firefox or Photoshop). So, you'd need to edit them with each major version upgrade, just as you would have to edit a script or BAT file that called the MC27.exe launcher.

To avoid this in the future, you could get my MCcl utility and point your custom commands at it instead:
https://blog.glynor.com/mccl

Then you'd just have to run MCcl.exe --update once after installing and launching the new version and they'd all be fixed.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 05:06:22 pm »

I should note: It would be nice if there was a "Custom" option under MCC Commands for Remote Control setup, so that you could just enter the appropriate parameters for a MC Core Command and have it work. Alas, that doesn't appear to be there currently.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2020, 05:18:55 pm »

We'll see what we can do. 

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 07:31:48 pm »

We'll see what we can do.
That would be great. In the meantime I will look into glynor's mcl utility.

If you make custom commands like that, they are fixed (and could be, just as easily, pointed to a completely non-MC related application, like Firefox or Photoshop). So, you'd need to edit them with each major version upgrade, just as you would have to edit a script or BAT file that called the MC27.exe launcher.

To avoid this in the future, you could get my MCcl utility and point your custom commands at it instead:
https://blog.glynor.com/mccl

Then you'd just have to run MCcl.exe --update once after installing and launching the new version and they'd all be fixed.
Thanks, I will check it out into it.

Thanks guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up