INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - UI icon with no text - what is it?  (Read 514 times)

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theater View - UI icon with no text - what is it?
« on: November 01, 2020, 11:18:38 am »

See attached - I circled a rectangle with no text in it.

Clicking on it takes one "Back", but curious - was this meant to have some text (e.g. "BACK" or something like "<-") in it indicating what it is for?  it's been this way for many versions of Media Center as far as I can recall.

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater View - UI icon with no text - what is it?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 05:22:01 pm »

I don't have that in my Theatre Views.

It looks like a non-displayable character at the beginning of the movie name. They tend to show as boxes like that. It isn't any part of MC's navigation, such as "Back".

Copy the [Name] field for a problem movie, paste into another app and see if there is some extra character at the beginning. Perhaps use a Hex Editor to see exactly what is in there.

If that is at the beginning of every [Name] field, could something in your workflow be putting it there? Maybe some unusual Code Page or Character Set was used when writing the filename, which was then used as the [Name] field on import?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 09:20:35 pm »

Do you see it all the time or just sometimes?

I sometimes see my top roller back button get replaced by an unlabelled clickable rectangle that looks like what you're showing.  Clicking on the rectangle takes me "back" as well, so it's clearly the back button but unlabelled. I'm not sure exactly what causes it.  I see it on different media and it's not deterministic.  I see it most often after a sleep cycle while in a sub-menu in theater view.  For me, switching to standard view and back to theater view makes it disappear (all buttons are labelled again). 

If its always there for you, that's probably something different than what I'm seeing, but if you don't see it immediately after a fresh startup we may be seeing something similar.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 07:34:12 am »

That is the "back" button. It usually isn't visible unless you have it selected (but not activated).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 08:52:20 am »

Definitely functions as a "back" button, appears to the left of the title for every title I view at the lowest level. 

Should it be labeled as such or appear as an icon?

It's always just an empty rectangle for me.  Works fine - was more curious than anything else if it was intended to be this way or should it be labeled "Back"

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables
Pages: [1]   Go Up