INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Hat Fedora Workstation 33 64-bit GNU/Linux & JRiver Media Center 27 64-bitML  (Read 719 times)

wellywu

• World Citizen

On Wednesday, November 4th, 2020 at 7:56 AM EDT, I decided to install Red Hat Fedora Workstation 33 64-bit GNU/Linux bare metal on my late 2019 Computer Upgrade King Hewlett Packard Omen 15t gaming notebook PC thus deleting both Manjaro 20.1.2 64-bit "Mikah" GNU/Linux and Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit Pro edition 20H2.

I did some research within the JRiver Interact Forum and I found the installJRMC script from Bryan's unofficial GIT software repository and I copied it into a text file and saved it as installJRMC.sh file and then I opened up the terminal to type in sudo chmod +x installJRMC.sh to make it executable.

Next, I typed in ./installJRMC.sh as a normal end-user and I let it do its' magic to download and install JRiver Media Center 27.0.21 64-bit Master License and I copied and pasted my genuine license key to unlock and activate all of the advanced capabilities and features permanently while saving the registration file in my software libraries which I know is going to be valid for the next fourteen days.

I configured this software product according to my preferences and I installed, configured, set up, and ran the JRiver media server. I also did highly specialized technical research to configure the Fedora firewalld software package by typing in custom network ports using both TCP and UDP and I made the changes permanent and reloaded the firewall daemon and I verified that the correct IP addresses and network ports were configured correctly.

Finally, I tested both HTTP and HTTPS connections bidirectionally to and from my mid-2015 Apple Macbook Pro 15" with Retina Display high-end mobile workstation which is running macOS 10.15.7 Supplemental Update "Catalina" and JRiver Media Center 27.0.22 64-bit Master License and everything just worked right out of the box while I am here in my bedroom at my apartment in Nutley, New Jersey.

I also connected to Ivacy VPN which has both the firewall and network port forward add-ons and I configured the required network ports correctly and I connected to the New York VPN gateway server and I re-tested bidirectional network connections using JRiver Media Center 27 64-bit Master License and everything just worked right out of the box.

I also connected both my gaming notebook PC and mobile workstation to a close friend's Verizon Mix & Match 802.11 AC Wi-Fi network and re-tested everything and I experienced zero technical issues.

A majority of the advanced capabilities and features within JRiver Media Center 27 64-bit Master License just work right out of the box including Cloudplay and Television.

Since I continue to pay for Verizon Mix & Match Gigabit Internet service, I experienced almost no problems when streaming premium content from my small private media library on both laptops bidirectionally.

I did make backups of my media library database files and I continue to make future backups whenever I make significant, small, or major changes to this software product or my private media library regularly.

JRiver should be commended for excellent and hard technical work poured into this software product and listening to their customers worldwide by fixing bugs, adding, improving, or refining advanced capabilities and features, and keeping updated build versions by making each one available for Apple macOS, GNU/Linux, and Microsoft Windows periodically.

I am happy!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Thank you for taking the time to say so!
Pages: [1]   Go Up