INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What has changed about the way videos are displayed and how do I fix it?  (Read 547 times)

pcgenius

• Recent member

Ive noticed that, in the last few builds of v.26, when I click on a video to play it, it shows with play doctor. I want to make it, by default, to play all videos in display view, like it used to. Now, when you go into display view and then close the display, instead of shrinking into the window above "action". Something changed and I'm not sure if its something I did or you did, but I cant, for the life of me figure out how to get it to default to cover view. Even reinstalling windows, followed by reinstalling mc doesnt change anything, so I'm guessing that the setting in question is save with my library backups. Any help in figuring this out is greatly appreciated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: What has changed about the way videos are displayed and how do I fix it?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 03:57:59 pm »

It sounds like you are playing the video from Standard View. Set "Options > General > Behaviour > Jump on play (video)" to "Display View".

There is a setting for Theatre View as well. Search Options using the search box at the box for "Jump" to find it and others.

Nothing has changed in MC26 since September 4th. Maybe a Windows Update broke something. Maybe you run a Registry cleanup utility, and it deleted a setting, so MC out it back to the default. Maybe other security software deleted a setting.

I'm not sure about the minimise to the Action Window. I've noticed that hasn't worked for some time, but haven't tried to resolve it. I suspect it is some combination of settings, but I'm not sure.

You mention Cover View after asking about Display View. I assume that was in error, and Display View is what you want.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up