INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Display Caption [Subject] Tag Not Working  (Read 314 times)

sangpeiris

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Image Display Caption [Subject] Tag Not Working
« on: November 08, 2020, 03:37:16 pm »

From the following Wiki (https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Display_Captions_During_Slideshow) the below is supposed to work.  But the [Subject] Tag is not working. 

if(isempty([caption]),if(isempty([events]),if(isempty([places]),[subject],[places]),[events]),[caption])

Also, how do you display the IPTC/XMP data in the JPEG in the caption? Specifically, [Document Title] field or just [Title] field?  The Adobe Lightroom corresponding fields would be Title and Caption.  Adobe LR Caption is the same as MC [caption], but there is there no MC [Title] field?

Hope someone answers this query.  It seems it's really hard to get a support question responded to here. 

Thanks,

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Image Display Caption [Subject] Tag Not Working
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 04:08:17 am »

Can't help with the rest as I haven't really started image managing with MC. However to bump this question upwards for MC's image expert users to see I'll give you a tip that your expression can nowdays be written in more readable manner like this
Code: [Select]
FirstNotEmpty([Caption],[Events],[Places],[Subject])So it will go through those fields and display first one which have some data in it.

What do you mean that subject doesn't work? Did you create the field? Is there some information written to it?

I don't have adobe so I don't know how the fields map and which ones are supported by MC. I guess Title could be Caption or Name in MC but hopefully more knowledgeable people can give you hints about image managing.

If you do search at least user marko has written many descriptions how he manages his pictures
Pages: [1]   Go Up