INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Player Tab kills cover art / lyrics for other tabs  (Read 655 times)

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Player Tab kills cover art / lyrics for other tabs
« on: November 12, 2020, 05:44:55 pm »

Cover Art and Lyrics (CA&L) display normally in audio tabs as long as I do not open a Player tab.
If I open a Player tab, then CA&L display nicely in the Player tab, but no longer display when I click on other tabs.
To restore CA&L to other tabs, I must delete the the Player tab, then immediately CA&L are restored to other tabs.

Is this the desired behavior?  I found it troublesome to figure out what was going on when my CA&L disappeared.
MC 27.0.26 (64 bit) on latest Windows 10.  PC USB output connected to local DAC, all on desktop.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Player Tab kills cover art / lyrics for other tabs
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 06:24:30 pm »

Hmmm, I'm not seeing anything unusual.

Lyrics typically only get displayed in Playing Now, which is what you are calling the Player tab.

On which "Other tabs" do CA&L stop being displayed?

Perhaps a screenshot or two to show what you mean.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 01:27:18 am »

Perhaps a screenshot or two to show what you mean.

Please zoom into the attached PDF file for details.

The same disappearing window behavior occurs for other standard tabs such as Artists, Albums Year, when Player tab is activated/deactivated.

Thanks.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 03:03:46 am »

In your 4th screenshot, the "Display Panel" is not being displayed in the Tree because the "Display Window" is open on the "Player" tab.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 03:31:40 am »

MC is working as intended. You could call it a feature if you like, or say that the behaviour is by design.

I've never seen a proper write-up of what MC is doing, but essentially MC maintains one display output for any media being played. That display can be assigned to different windows, but only one at a time. For example, it is possible to play something in MC and have a Playing Now window active, then when you open another Playing Now window (another tab with "Player" selected), then go back to look at the first tab with Playing Now displayed, there will be a message under the Cover Art that says: "The display for this zone is owned by a different window". In this case, when you opened the second Playing Now tab, it took control of the playback display. If playing audio and the track has lyrics, those lyrics will be displayed on the second Playing Now tab, but not the first.

You can see a similar thing if you create a Split View using the top menu "View > Split View > Show 2 Views". Then select the tab in the second Split View, and select Player so that it displays Playing Now. Go back to the first Split View window and play an Album, using the Recent Albums View or any other. The Playing Now window in the second Split Window will be updated, and no Display windows will popup above the Action Window.

Note: To see the little "Display" window when you start playing an Album and do not have Playing Now open, you must have the setting "Options > General > Behaviour > Jump on play (audio)" set to "None". Otherwise, MC would jump to the window you set. So if you set that to "Display View" you would get the display shown in your second image.

BTW, you said on that second image "Access track info by dragging mouse to upper edge of the display." I don't get that, or at least I don't get a file list, and I can't think of or find any setting that would make that happen. If I move my mouse to the top of the "Display View" window the audio controls, seekbar, etc. (basically the "Player Bar" from Standard View drops down from the top of the screen.

So, everything is working as intended.

PS: Nice concise summary EnglishTiger!  ;)  (I should type faster, and not leave half finished posts while preparing dinner!)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 11:36:56 am »

@RoderickGI and @English Tiger:  Thanks for your explanations.  The system makes sense now.

BTW, you said on that second image "Access track info by dragging mouse to upper edge of the display." I don't get that, or at least I don't get a file list, and I can't think of or find any setting that would make that happen. If I move my mouse to the top of the "Display View" window the audio controls, seekbar, etc. (basically the "Player Bar" from Standard View drops down from the top of the screen.

I see exactly what you describe.  The full screen CA&L Display Window is very nice, but lacks the track title, album name, and artist.  I often find myself wanting to see that information when there is no file list visible, so then I drag the mouse to top edge.  It would be nice to have an option for including that basic information in the Display Window.

While we're on this topic, another discovery ... shortcut <CTRL>+3 (View > View Display) toggles the full screen Display Window from wherever you are, Player tab or no Player tab.  Very nice.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 03:16:08 pm »

The Wiki is worth exploring, even if some of it is out of date.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Keyboard_Hot-keys
Ctrl+1 to 5 are primary navigation keys for me.

Plus how to find out more shortcuts, and the most up to date shortcuts: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,126265.msg884471.html#msg884471

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 08:39:24 am »

Rod - Just like you I always use the Ctrl+1 to 5 shortcuts to switch between the 4 available views along with the extra features and the multiple ways of returning to Standard View (ctrl+1) built into Display View (ctrl+3) and Cover View (ctrl+5).  ;D

Wonder how many people are not aware that if you move your mouse to the left-side of the screen in Cover View the Tree becomes temporarily visible?
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 10:24:58 am »

Wonder how many people are not aware that if you move your mouse to the left-side of the screen in Cover View the Tree becomes temporarily visible?
Wow, very nice, thanks! :)

Perhaps this kind of information could be added to "VIEW & NAVIGATION" or "TOOLS & MISCELLANEOUS" or maybe a new section "MOUSE GESTURES" in https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Keyboard_Hot-keys.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 03:16:59 pm »

I don't use Cover View a lot, probably because I want to see all components of MC at once, and I have a large high-resolution screen so I don't miss anything. But it is almost as functional as Standard View.

There is a lot that could be put into the Wiki, and tutorial videos would make a large difference for new users, and even some old hands. But, that would be a full-time job...
Pages: [1]   Go Up