INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching the podcast feed  (Read 330 times)

TAJ-767

• Recent member
Searching the podcast feed
« on: November 13, 2020, 10:49:43 pm »

I'm a Media Center noob (MC27); just recently installed and porting over my (large) library.  I've been working on reconstructing my podcast feeds and I have a few questions - here's my first.  (I did try to search for this in the forum; I apologize if I missed it.  Tips on how to better search the archives are welcomed, too.)

I have a bunch of podcasts about books in the feed.  When I was using my old podcast software, I would browse the feed monthly, see if there were any podcasts featuring authors I was interested in, and I would download those episodes so I had them in my library.  I can do a similar thing with MC27.  (It's what I'm doing now.)

The problem with this approach is that if I become interested in an author late, the podcast episodes featuring that author might be buried deep in the feed.  That means whenever I discover a new author, I have to review every single episode of every single podcast in the feed to see if there is something buried there.

Except that I can use the search function.  So if I go to TheBookPodcast, I can search it for "Shakespeare," and get all the episodes, whether they are on disk, orphaned, or in the feed (or not in feed, for that matter).  That's really convenient.  But I have a lot of book podcasts in my feed....

What would be nice is if I could search all the feeds at once.

I tried going to the top of the Podcasts tree (on my machine, a purple microphone icon with the label "Podcasts") and searching for "Shakespeare."  Nothing came up.

There's a grey microphone icon at the bottom labeled "Downloaded Podcasts" and when I search on that, I get all the podcasts that are on disk (or orphaned) that mention Shakespeare.  But what I'm trying to do is discover the podcasts in the feed and not yet downloaded.  So that's not quite what I'm after. 

Any suggestions?  The information is there - I can search the individual feeds.  I just need some way to search them all in one call.

Is there some kind of workaround?  Can I make a smart playlist that contains all podcasts in the feed and not downloaded, and then search that list?

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks in advance,

-Tim

Pages: [1]   Go Up