INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renaming Unknown Album  (Read 883 times)

Trdat

• Recent member
Renaming Unknown Album
« on: November 14, 2020, 09:40:34 am »

I have scoured the forum and it seems the only way I have found to rename unknown albums is by renaming each track one by one.

I want a simple way where I can rename the album and not each track. Can't I just right click somewhere and change the the name and that's it? I do not want to change each track name just the album and that's it.

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Renaming Unknown Album
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 10:06:42 am »

I have scoured the forum and it seems the only way I have found to rename unknown albums is by renaming each track one by one.

I want a simple way where I can rename the album and not each track. Can't I just right click somewhere and change the the name and that's it? I do not want to change each track name just the album and that's it.

Select all the affected tracks and then use the Tag action in the left hand pane to enter the album name. That will update the Album tag for all the tracks at the same time. While the tracks remain selected, I would then right mouse click and use Library Tools > Update Tags (from library) to write the changes into the music files.

Trdat

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 01:02:44 am »

Select all the affected tracks and then use the Tag action in the left hand pane to enter the album name. That will update the Album tag for all the tracks at the same time. While the tracks remain selected, I would then right mouse click and use Library Tools > Update Tags (from library) to write the changes into the music files.

Great thanks that worked.

Now for my next problem, when I right click and chose "send to" and pick a playlist to add one loan song to add to another playlist it doesn't work. It says that there are duplicated do you want to remove, I tried yes and no but still to no avail.

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 04:22:58 am »

Great thanks that worked.

Now for my next problem, when I right click and chose "send to" and pick a playlist to add one loan song to add to another playlist it doesn't work. It says that there are duplicated do you want to remove, I tried yes and no but still to no avail.

I've just given this a try and it all appears to be working fine for me.

I added a track to a playlist that already contained that track and got a popup message saying "There are duplicates in the playlist. Would you like to remove them?". Clicking the No button allowed the duplication to remain (confirmed by viewing the modified playlist). I then tried to add a different duplicate track to the same playlist and this time I clicked Yes in the popup. The newly added track was removed and so was my previous duplication.

Trdat

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 05:42:44 am »

I've just given this a try and it all appears to be working fine for me.

I added a track to a playlist that already contained that track and got a popup message saying "There are duplicates in the playlist. Would you like to remove them?". Clicking the No button allowed the duplication to remain (confirmed by viewing the modified playlist). I then tried to add a different duplicate track to the same playlist and this time I clicked Yes in the popup. The newly added track was removed and so was my previous duplication.

Sorry, I meant one track going into another album not playlist. How would I go about doing that?

And also, how do i move a list of tracks from unassigned into a new album I want to make?

Sorry for so many questions, its funny I have all the DSP related hardcore audiophile stuff down pat but I can't even fix my albums, lol!

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 06:28:15 am »

Then you would click on the single track and edit the Album tag to match the new album name. Exactly the same so that MC groups it with the other tracks in that album. Note that a track can only have one album it belongs to. If you want to create alternative list or your own 'Albums' that is what playlists are for. A track can appear in any number of playlists, while a track can only have one album; usually what is was published as.

To move unassigned tracks into an Album you can change the Album tag one by one or select multiple tracks (with Shift, Ctrl etc.) and then change all of them at once by updating the tag. MC helps by showing close matches which you can select with mouse or arrow kes then hit enter. If you are coming from itunes the early version were to be notorious for lossing tags on import, I used to have separate piece of software called 'Rinse' to clean up itunes, discointued a long time ago.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 07:04:42 am »

MC uses the fields Album and Album Artist or Album Artist (Auto) to determine what tracks are included in an album.  All tracks with a common value are grouped into an album.  This happens automatically for albums which all have the same value in the fields Album and  Artist. For albums with different Artists, such as compilation albums, you need to edit the  Album Artist field to be the same for all tracks in the album.  To insure that a group of tracks are grouped as an album just select a group of tracks and use the tag editor to set these fields to common values. There is more detail in the Wiki

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_(Auto)

Trdat

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 10:42:52 am »

That really helps, appreciate the responses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up