INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please fix the lock / unlock playlist  (Read 613 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
Please fix the lock / unlock playlist
« on: November 14, 2020, 03:57:33 pm »

I have created a lot of playlists for myself.  When I think I have it perfect I will tend to lock them to make sure that I try to keep the perfect list with the perfect order.  Then as time goes on I want to make a change to the playlist so I click the "Unlock playlist".  On some occasions when using my laptop I will double click the unlock playlist. If you do that all hell breaks loose because after you click the unlock playlist button it converts to a shuffle button.  Even though all I intended to do is unlock the playlist I accidently told all the music to shuffle and I lose my wonderful order. 

I know I can revert the database or reload an old old database to get the proper order.  But man is that a pain.  Please fix it so that the lock playlist is the same as the unlock playlist so that I don't shuffle all music when it is in an unlocked state. 

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Please fix the lock / unlock playlist
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 04:11:15 pm »

I just tried this and agree. I followed these steps and did the same thing. My computer didn't respond very quickly and when I attempted to hit Unlock again I ended up shuffling the list. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. I'd just hit Ctrl+Z and Undo the Shuffle but Undo wasn't available.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 11:57:55 pm »

I noticed, and have been caught by that before. It isn't a good user experience.

Either all the buttons should stay there and the inactive ones grey out when the Playlist is locked, with the Lock becoming the unlock button, or the un/Lock button should always be the second button from the left, next to the Play button.

What do you guys think? How should it be fixed? What would work best for you?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 01:50:22 am »

I use this option a lot and would love it to be fixed.  Every time I have to unlock a playlist I am extremely frightened of clicking that button and have my playlist randomized.  I actually backup my playlists in most cases before I unlock them out of fear of doing this.  As the previous person mentioned that sometimes I have this system hickup and I end up pushing that button twice. 

I'm all for the button being a toggle button and just going from unlocked to locked and vice versa.  I won't be as sad if I push it twice and just gets relocked. 

rec head

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 07:20:25 am »

I don't use the Lock feature often enough to have a UI preference. I do rely heavily on Undo in a lot of programs so having Undo work everywhere would be nice.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 07:51:42 am »

Coming next build:
Changed: The lock and unlock playlist button are in the same spot, so doing a slow double click in the area will not be disruptive.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up