INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: command line order to play to another zone  (Read 405 times)

ete

command line order to play to another zone
« on: November 15, 2020, 05:02:30 am »

hey all

been struggling with this for a while, hopefully im not on my one...

i tried this command:

MC26.exe /MCC 10001:1

to "start playing at the second zone" listed in the list.

however, my player is ignoring the " :1 " command, and just start playing the highlighted zone, or "zone 0" if nothing is highlighted.

i added a pic of my zone list.

as to my understanding, in my case - my first "player" is "zone 0", the "Scarlett" (which is right under it on my list) is "zone 1" and so on.

the command above should start playing the to the Scarlett player, but it is the highlighted "player" of "zone 0" that starts to play.

regardless the zone instructions of the command, the highlighted zone (whatever its will be) - will be the one to start playing.

help anyone?
 :P

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
Re: command line order to play to another zone
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 05:17:17 am »

I also struggled to make that command work but I had more success with targeting playback of media files to a specified zone using |Zone=n, where n is the Index Number of the zone (hover over the zone name and the tooltip will give you the Index No).

Code: [Select]
MC27.exe /Play "\\NAS\Music\Beethoven\String Trio No.3\09 - I. Allegro con spirito.dsf|Zone=1"

ete

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 05:31:16 am »

Thank man - i appreciate your quick and accurate response  8)

that actually does work - as long as i specify the file i want it to play. it is a good "work-around" for me as well.

however, when trying the "play" command with no file - doesn't work

is there a way to just order another zone just to "play" or continue playing a paused file of "what's already in the playlist sequence"?

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 06:16:32 am »

I haven't tested this, but according to https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/The_Command_Line, if you use the command /Play <playitems> and <playitems> is empty, it will start playback of the selected track(s), assuming that MC is already running.

BTW, switching between zones is easily done on a PC using Ctrl-T.
Pages: [1]   Go Up