INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 27.0.34 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 3811 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 27.0.34 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: November 19, 2020, 08:32:29 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 27.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270034-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270034.exe

27.0.34 (11/17/2020)

1. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: The confirmation for clearing Playing Now will no longer say it will stop if playback is already stopped.
3. Changed: The /Clear command line option no longer takes a required parameter.
4. Changed: Optionally you can specify MC27.exe /Clear LeavePlaying or /Clear DontRemoveCurrent to leave the playing file.
5. Changed: The lock and unlock playlist button are in the same spot, so doing a slow double click in the area will not be disruptive.
6. Changed: Ran all the translations through the tool to update to the latest strings from the source code.
7. Changed: Blu-ray ISO files up to 120 GB are supported instead of only 60 GB.
8. Fixed: When resuming normal play from FF/REW on a time-shifting TV tuner, the OSD paused status could be wrong.
9. Changed: Tag dump in the Tag Action Window no longer tries to analyze video files (it could be slow and rarely returned anything).

27.0.33 (11/13/2020)

1. Changed: Resetting the window positions will also reset the main program position.
2. Changed: Clearing Playing Now on a remote zone will work a little better.
3. Changed: Stopping remote zones would not actually take effect before returning so the state could be incorrect.
4. NEW: Made the View > Load / Save View menu have the previous save names so you can just overwrite without entering the name.

27.0.32 (11/12/2020)

1. Changed: When the playback state changes in remote zones, the playback engine will be notified right away (instead of waiting to know).

27.0.31 (11/11/2020)

1. Fixed: HEIF images were not rotated properly.
2. Changed: Made the plugin install dialog list both DLL and VST3 in the same selection (instead of requiring switching).
3. Changed: When playing a DMS TV channel with a streaming tuner, time-shifting will observe user configured time-shifting limit, so that disk space usage will not grow indefinitely.
4. Fixed: When showing and hiding the tree, drawing artifacts could appear until you forced a redraw.
5. NEW: Added support for the valign tag to font tokens.
6. Changed: Time-shifting buffer file for DMS TV channels are created in user-set TV recording folder, instead of in MC's temporary file folder.
7. NEW: Media Center can decode Apple proprietary PNG files with CgBI markers.
8. Changed: The thumbnail engine will thumbnail really small images (less than 16 pixels total) instead of skipping them.
9. Fixed: The playback state of remote zones could be wrong causing several issues.
10. NEW: Added the resampler type to audio path.
11. Changed: Made Audio Path a little wider.

27.0.30 (11/05/2020)

1. Changed: Skins without a Template in the Action Window would not blink.
2. Changed: The player no longer restores a minimized window when switching videos.
3. Changed: The import window only blinks if the library is empty.
4. Changed: The Category dialog defaults to taller so the expression type fits.
5. Fixed: Some more VST3 effects work.

27.0.29 (11/02/2020)

1. Fixed: The "Category" library field dialog would not reliably work.
2. NEW: Time-shifting works on streaming TV tuners (Pause/Resume, Jump/Skip for now.  FF/REW will come later).
3. Changed: (Experimental) MC will search for DNLA devices with "upnp:rootdevice" type.

27.0.28 (10/30/2020)

1. Changed: The "Category" library field dialog is sizable.
2. Fixed: The Date (release) MP3 tag could get written over and over.
3. Changed: The platform file is deleted when clearing the library so will be reset.
4. Changed: Added the expression function ListMix2 that removes the escapement (so it will return with the ListMix expression).
5. Changed: VST3 effects work with 9, 10, 11, and 12 channels.
6. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).

27.0.27 (10/27/2020)

1. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
2. Fixed: Selecting to remove tracks after they are played will remove the track if you select to stop after a certain number of tracks.
3. Fixed: APE encoding at 8-bit would fail on high channel count files.

27.0.26 (10/23/2020)

1. Fixed: APE encoding at 24-bit would fail on high channel count files.

27.0.25 (10/23/2020)

1. Fixed: Fixed a possible crash changing rating and backing up with the mouse.
2. Changed: Made the drive analysis better handle UNC paths.
3. Fixed: Tag writing to MP4 files could fail in some cases.
4. Fixed: TV time-shifting files were not cleaned up after time-shifting session ended.
5. Fixed: "Clean up time-shifting folders" did not do anything.
6. Changed: Removed the parsing from ListMix(...) because it would make tokens not get replaced (also may make Math(...) inside not work, so just be aware).
7. Changed: Tried to make recursive expression nesting just output the inner nests as is.
8. Changed: Updated Norwegian translation (thanks Řistein).
9. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
10. NEW: Added Radio Paradise to the Quick Play menu.
11. NEW: Added Radio JRiver to the Quick Play menu.
12. Fixed: Jumping views with double-click could pause if madVR was being used.
13. Changed: Made the APE encoder reject 32-bit floating point conversion.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

B2B

Re: JRiver Media Center 27.0.34 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 05:57:35 pm »

MediaCenter hangs when importing AC3 files and DTS files.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 06:59:21 pm »

I'm having a lot of slow/hanging UI when changing views... no crashes, but it can take 20 seconds or more to change views.

I did the whole backup/uninstall/reinstall/restore and unfortunately I'm still getting this.  I believe it started with this build.

Any ideas?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 02:16:58 pm »

I realized my library backups are mostly all called "Main" because all machines backing up have the default library and name.  This makes it difficult to know which machine actually created the backup.

I decided to rename the library on my laptop to "Laptop"  (clever, I know)

I then went to create a backup, and it still wanted to use "Main" in the backup name.  I closed MC, then re-opened immediately, and tried again and now it's using "Library" in the backup name, as it should.

I think the restarting should not be necessary.
pretend this is something funny

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 02:35:46 pm »

Next build:
Changed: When renaming a library, if you rename the active library, the name used for backups will also be updated.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 02:40:48 pm »

Next build:
Changed: When renaming a library, if you rename the active library, the name used for backups will also be updated.

Now that's service!!

Thanks Matt

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 02:46:03 pm »

I just realized that the default restore library location doesn't necessarily match the default backup location.

Settings for backup location is

J:\Programs\MC\libraries\backups\

but the default restore library location is

J:\MC\libraries\backups\

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 06:57:12 pm »

The proposed location to look for a Library Backup when you Restore is the location you last did a manual Library Backup to, or a Restore from.

So the setting and the default restore location can be different. Just navigate to the correct location and MC will remember it for the next time.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 07:19:51 pm »

The proposed location to look for a Library Backup when you Restore is the location you last did a manual Library Backup to, or a Restore from.

So the setting and the default restore location can be different. Just navigate to the correct location and MC will remember it for the next time.

It didn't seem to do so.  I pointed to the correct location, restored, then started the restoration again, but it still pointed to the same/wrong location.  Perhaps it's not working, or perhaps it's just my system.

I'd try to restore and test again, but MC is almost done rebuilding the 80,000 thumbnails from the last restore.

If it matters, I did NOT restore the settings when I restored, I only restored the files and playlists.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 08:07:05 pm »

Try doing a manual backup to the location you want to use, then start the Restore and see what it proposes. Just don't complete the Restore, so you don't have to rebuild thumbnails.

I haven't tested what I described for some time, but it certainly used to work that way.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2020, 08:55:24 pm »

Try doing a manual backup to the location you want to use, then start the Restore and see what it proposes. Just don't complete the Restore, so you don't have to rebuild thumbnails.

I haven't tested what I described for some time, but it certainly used to work that way.

That worked as expected.

I'd suggest that MC should remember the last location restored from, not just the last location backed up to.  Especially if the location no longer exists.  MC actually created the folder in the "wrong" place, just to offer me an empty folder to restore from, and forcing me to now delete this empty folder.

oh well, I don't plan to move it again soon.

thanks for the guidance.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 07:32:16 am »

After thinking about this overnight, I can't see any good reason MC doesn't just use the backup location in the settings.  That's the point of the setting, to tell MC where these backup files are/should be.

If the default location in settings is wrong, one can still navigate, like I had to, to get to the right place.  Having MC 'arbitrarily' decide to start in some location I once used in the past is unlikely to be the 'right' choice if that location isn't the default.

Who keeps backups in a location other than what is in the setting, and why would one do that?

I believe MC should always open the location in the settings, which seems 90%+ likely to be correct (and will prevent MC creating folders where it shouldn't)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 03:50:30 pm »

That's the point of the setting, to tell MC where these backup files are/should be.

Yes, but it doesn't tell the user where to put manual backups, which can be put anywhere. Then if a user makes a manual backup and puts it somewhere else, to keep it separate to the automatic backups, it makes sense that MC opens the location used for a manual backup so they can find it easily, when they want to do a Restore. Otherwise, lots of people would make a manual backup and never be able to find it again.

A user can always look at settings to find out where automatic backups will be, but there is no way to find where that elusive manual backup ended being saved, unless the Restore defaults to it. It isn't uncommon when helping users for them to have to search for backups on their drives, because they don't know where they saved them.

I used to make and manage manual backups as above. These days I have set the automatic backup to a non-version specific location, and I name manual backups differently to the suggested name, so I can tell them apart. So all backups go to the one location, and I do all Restores from that location, and all the above becomes moot.

But I wouldn't like to see the existing functionality changed, at least while I help other users. It would make the process harder, particularly when you add in the default setting is a MC version specific location, and users uninstall previous versions and think all information from that version is gone, so of course they can't find backups! Alas, some do delete all MC directories when they uninstall. But still, many miss the default backup location(s), which are separate to the programs.

TL;DR You haven't convinced me the functionality needs to change. But I am just one voice.  ;)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 04:54:22 pm »

That makes sense, I trust your experience here and will just know to pay more attention in the future.  Thanks.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2020, 08:56:04 am »

Get Movie and TV Info didn't find the cover art for the new Mandalorian episode s2e5 The Jedi.  It finds the data, but does not populate the image.  I wend to TMDB and there are 2 images available (different sizes, but the same image actually).  I copied the link and pasted, but it seems a bug MC didn't find it on its own.

Also, possibly related, I downloaded 2 movies, and MC imported them as TV shows and filled in series, season and episode info from the title, but this made it impossible to get the metadata because MC was searching for TV episodes not movies.  Once I changed the type to movie, it found them fine.  Both are 2 hours, so I think MC should have defaulted to Movie, not TV.  Perhaps another bug?
Pages: [1]   Go Up