INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing DLNA zone on server, shows up on client  (Read 406 times)

DrKNo

• World Citizen
Missing DLNA zone on server, shows up on client
« on: November 20, 2020, 12:40:13 pm »

One of my DLNA zones, a Kodi instance running on a RasPi, is not showing up on my server anymore - it does turn up on another client though. I have an inkling my kid may have deleted it while mashing the keyboard on the server, and now the server ignores it while the client doesn't? How could I check/alleviate that?

Thanks in advance!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Missing DLNA zone on server, shows up on client
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 02:45:57 pm »

Try Restoring a recent Library Backup from before it happened. Just Restore the Settings. A restart of MC will be required.

Make a backup of your current Library first, in case that doesn't work and you need to recover.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DrKNo

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 01:14:54 pm »

Restoring the library did not work. My initial assessment may have been incorrect. So, the Situation

2 Instances of Kodi (Libreelec on Raspbeery Pi) running (Dining and Kids).
2 Instanced of MC running: lounge (server) and office (client)

For probably a year, both Kodi instances worked well with server. Since last week, The server does not list The kids room anymore. Strangely enough, it shows up under its full name on the Client (Kodi-Kids) and I can play music via the office client normally.

The zone shows up in the client using mcws/Zones as well:

Code: [Select]
<Item Name="ZoneName3">Kodi-Kinderzimmer</Item>
<Item Name="ZoneID3">10020</Item>
<Item Name="ZoneGUID3">{e0f94447-6e3b-4fe5-b694-...}</Item>
<Item Name="ZoneDLNA3">1</Item>

It does not on the server, even when using Hidden=1

Any advice?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 04:23:14 pm »

Alas, not from me. The disappearance of MC Dynamic Zones (Kodi instances running as DLNA Renderers in this case) from one MC Server and not another, never to be seen again, or only under special circumstances for short periods, has long been a mystery to me.

MC does fill the Windows Registry with information about past and current Zones seen, and I suspect that has something to do with it. On my Workstation it looks like the Registry needs a cleanout. But I haven't pursued that to a solution.

I also have the situation in my environment where Gizmo will connect to my HTPC MC Server every time, but won't connect to my Workstation MC Server unless I run a network utility first, which indicates a network issue. Also unsolved, but appears to be the result of network packets being blocked by my router.

So, two possible causes. No solutions. Sorry.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up