INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update tags from library problems  (Read 283 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Update tags from library problems
« on: November 24, 2020, 08:14:59 am »

I started this on about 3300 video files last night.  I woke up this morning to a warning that one of these files was unable to be updated because it was in use or some other issue.  Ok, I'll look into that, but the process stopped when that message was created, and the rest of the night, no work was done on the rest of the files.  Now, I either have to deal with my system using resources today while I try to work on other stuff, or I have to kill the process and start over.  2 not-very-good options.  It should have completed what it could and given me a message at the end about any issues.

Next, when I start the process, it shows in the bottom bar the progress "Processing (x of xxx files).  If I navigate away, or in the case of the above, just click ok on the message, this message on the bottom bar goes away.  If I try to exit MC, it warns me the process is running, and do I want to kill it.  I suggest that if any process is running, it should ABSOLUTELY be shown somewhere, and the bottom bar seems the right place.

**sort of unrelated, this message, and the x files (xx days  -  xx Gb) that normally shows, and any other in-progress things should ALL show on this bar.  One should not replace the others.  Having to select a few files and try to read the # and size on the bottom for the 1/2 second they display before the Processing... message replaces it.  there's PLENTY of room for all the messages at once.

Finally, it would be GREAT to be able to pause any process (update, import, move/copy, etc).  Right now, I want to do something database intensive on the server, but with it processing these updates, it will affect the speed and quality of my working because I can only either wait for this process to finish in a few hours, or I have to kill it and start completely over again.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up