INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can a JRiver Media Center 27 for Windows License be install on multiple PC's  (Read 664 times)

mkerdman

• Recent member

Can a Single JRiver Media Center 27 for Windows License be install on multiple PC's in the same residential location?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Yes, within reason.

mkerdman

• Recent member

So, would it be within reason if I had (A) (4) Total PC/Laptop's in a single residential location, and (B) if I took the (1) PC Laptop on vacation running Media Center?

dtc

• MC Beta Team

From what I know, that would be fine.   Nobody checks, so it is up to you to determine what your immediate family is.  Just do not load it on the 20 laptops that people bring over for Thanksgiving dinner.

mkerdman

• Recent member

Thanks.

Separately, can I install the App and Library one one PC and Share the Full Library on that PC#1 on PC #2-#3-#4 around the House {NETWORKING}?

dtc

• MC Beta Team

Yes. You need to load MC on each PC and use it as a client to the main PC. See Media Network and Library Server in the Wiki.

Basically

Turn on Media Network  and note the Access Key

If you want authentication for the Clients to access the server, check that box.

On the Client, from the Tree on the left, choose Playing Now - Playing From and add the name of the main server PC. You will need the Access Code to do that.

This system uses port 52199 by default for communications and you may have to open it in your firewall, especially if you want to access the server from outside your LAN.

It may take a time or two to get working, but once set up it does just what you want.

mkerdman

• Recent member

Thanks for the jump start.

Murray
Pages: [1]   Go Up