INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 27.0.38 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 3490 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 27.0.38 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: December 01, 2020, 07:39:00 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 27.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270038-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270038.exe

27.0.38 (11/30/2020)

1. Changed: When renaming a library, if you rename the active library, the name used for backups will also be updated.
2. Fixed: When playing a DMS TV channel, the tuner status got stuck at "Initializing..."
3. Fixed: Media Center would not display JPEG images with minor defects (often in metadata tags).
4. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
5. Changed: Made digital TV code more robust against bad data.

27.0.37 (11/24/2020)

1. Changed: Track info markers for TrackInfo_Insert will try to better handle fields with parenthesis in the name.
2. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).
3. Fixed: A possible crash when decoding a corrupt APE file.

27.0.36 (11/23/2020)

1. Fixed: DSD output could crackle in recent builds.
2. Fixed: Italian had the same translation for skin and theme, so it caused Theater View options to misbehave.
3. Changed: Made the Reporter view respond to F5 and refresh.
4. Fixed: APE decoding could leak.
5. Changed: When MC fails to get DMS TV channels using the device's "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory" service, an alternative method of using a channel lineup JSON file (if available) will be attempted.

27.0.35 (11/20/2020)

1. NEW: Fast Forwarding and Rewinding are now supported for Streaming (DMS) TV tuners.
2. Changed: Changed the read caching behavior of the thumbnail database to reduce memory consumption and improve performance with large databases.
3. Fixed: When time-shifting session on a DMS tuner ended, an empty folder was left undeleted.
4. NEW: The column presets menu shows names of previous saves for quick overwrite (instead of requiring entering the name).
5. NEW: The Rename, Move & Copy presets menu shows names of previous saves for quick overwrite (instead of requiring entering the name).
6. Changed: The program can close if Analyze Audio is showing but not processing.
7. Fixed: If a tool was running at shutdown, it would message and not allow shutdown, but the tray icon would go away anyway.
8. Changed: Error checking is added when loading certain TV settings to avoid crashes.
9. NEW: Added the MCWS call GetLinkExpanded to get a link expanded set of files.
10. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Stefan).
11. Changed: Tooltips are allowed to cover the auto-complete tooltip if they would otherwise go off the screen.
12. Changed: MC will be more responsive at startup when it processes TV recording actions.

27.0.34 (11/17/2020)

1. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: The confirmation for clearing Playing Now will no longer say it will stop if playback is already stopped.
3. Changed: The /Clear command line option no longer takes a required parameter.
4. Changed: Optionally you can specify MC27.exe /Clear LeavePlaying or /Clear DontRemoveCurrent to leave the playing file.
5. Changed: The lock and unlock playlist button are in the same spot, so doing a slow double click in the area will not be disruptive.
6. Changed: Ran all the translations through the tool to update to the latest strings from the source code.
7. Changed: Blu-ray ISO files up to 120 GB are supported instead of only 60 GB.
8. Fixed: When resuming normal play from FF/REW on a time-shifting TV tuner, the OSD paused status could be wrong.
9. Changed: Tag dump in the Tag Action Window no longer tries to analyze video files (it could be slow and rarely returned anything).

27.0.33 (11/13/2020)

1. Changed: Resetting the window positions will also reset the main program position.
2. Changed: Clearing Playing Now on a remote zone will work a little better.
3. Changed: Stopping remote zones would not actually take effect before returning so the state could be incorrect.
4. NEW: Made the View > Load / Save View menu have the previous save names so you can just overwrite without entering the name.

27.0.32 (11/12/2020)

1. Changed: When the playback state changes in remote zones, the playback engine will be notified right away (instead of waiting to know).

27.0.31 (11/11/2020)

1. Fixed: HEIF images were not rotated properly.
2. Changed: Made the plugin install dialog list both DLL and VST3 in the same selection (instead of requiring switching).
3. Changed: When playing a DMS TV channel with a streaming tuner, time-shifting will observe user configured time-shifting limit, so that disk space usage will not grow indefinitely.
4. Fixed: When showing and hiding the tree, drawing artifacts could appear until you forced a redraw.
5. NEW: Added support for the valign tag to font tokens.
6. Changed: Time-shifting buffer file for DMS TV channels are created in user-set TV recording folder, instead of in MC's temporary file folder.
7. NEW: Media Center can decode Apple proprietary PNG files with CgBI markers.
8. Changed: The thumbnail engine will thumbnail really small images (less than 16 pixels total) instead of skipping them.
9. Fixed: The playback state of remote zones could be wrong causing several issues.
10. NEW: Added the resampler type to audio path.
11. Changed: Made Audio Path a little wider.

27.0.30 (11/05/2020)

1. Changed: Skins without a Template in the Action Window would not blink.
2. Changed: The player no longer restores a minimized window when switching videos.
3. Changed: The import window only blinks if the library is empty.
4. Changed: The Category dialog defaults to taller so the expression type fits.
5. Fixed: Some more VST3 effects work.

27.0.29 (11/02/2020)

1. Fixed: The "Category" library field dialog would not reliably work.
2. NEW: Time-shifting works on streaming TV tuners (Pause/Resume, Jump/Skip for now.  FF/REW will come later).
3. Changed: (Experimental) MC will search for DNLA devices with "upnp:rootdevice" type.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
Re: JRiver Media Center 27.0.38 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 09:34:47 am »

Confirming the same GUI phenomena are continuing as reported in .37 here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,127742.0.html
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 02:41:44 pm »

Moving a folder containing audio files and associated jpg's to a new location using the rename from tags function, and creating a new directory structure . . . .

Media Center 'claims':              folder.jpg already exists: skip, replace, cancel?

Since the new folder did not exist prior, how can it contain a file with the same name?

It does this only with image files, not the audio files.
It does it on one or more albums if moving more than one.
It is not limited to folder.jpg, but also cover.jpg.
It existed prior to this build, but I passed it off as an anomaly.
It is not location specific or drive specific,
I have seen this occur on two separate computers, each with their own drives
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 09:50:56 pm »

This version somehow broke my links in some fields in my Standard View Track Info view.

It's a custom one that has worked for years.  There are now strange entries where there were not before.  Returned to an earlier stable version and it's back to normal.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 01:47:33 am »

This version somehow broke my links in some fields in my Standard View Track Info view.

It's a custom one that has worked for years.  There are now strange entries where there were not before.  Returned to an earlier stable version and it's back to normal.

Dawg that TrackInfo misbehaviour is being caused by the change #1 in V37 - Matt is aware of the problem and is working on it. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,127776.0.html
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 08:44:12 am »

Dawg that TrackInfo misbehaviour is being caused by the change #1 in V37 - Matt is aware of the problem and is working on it. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,127776.0.html

Thanks E.T.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 11:53:11 pm »

Expression modifications are lost when you make changes and then expand the window to full screen (in order to see and press the "ok" button).
You have to first make the espression window full screen *then* make the modifications and press OK.

to reproduce:
open an expression window and edit.
Expand the window to full screen.
Look at the code - your changes aren't there, so if you "OK", you haven't saved your changes.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

jngyi

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 07:25:25 pm »

jriver media center 27.0.34
video: red october hq mode
when i play sdr movie using madvr, the brightness is too dim, can't see the details.
when i play hdr movie using madvr, the brightness and color is ok.
plz fix the issue.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 08:45:39 am »

Cover art seems wonky.  I wanted to verify the location of the cover art folder, which was correctly shown as P:\Cover art in the settings.  So, I closed the settings without making any changes, but was presented with this dialog (notice the period at the end).  I said no, since i didn't want any changes made.

Additionally, I saw there is some cover art in that folder for series I no longer have in my library, so I selected the ...Clean cover art folder... option, expecting it to remove any cover art for series (and albums) that are no longer in the library, but it didn't remove any of the Series or Season cover art of files I no longer have the files in the library.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up