INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A bit confused about folders, versions and things  (Read 1555 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
A bit confused about folders, versions and things
« on: April 11, 2003, 08:13:07 am »

Hi. I was hoping someone could help me sort out a few of these things.
In my J River folder I've got two other folders, one called Media Center (with the icon next to it) and one called Media Jukebox. The latter, as someone recently pointed out, from a previous version. The MJ folder contains two other folders, one called Data another Data2, which is empty. The MJ/Data folder contains the following folders: backup, cover art, default skin, label themes, thumbnails, upgrade backups, webpages and a warning file. Most of those, except cover art may also be found in the MC folder. Then to the question: do I need both of these folders, or may I move the content of the MJ folder to the MC folder? And second, why is the Cover art folder only in the MJ folder, and not in the other?
Thanks in advance . . .

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: A bit confused about folders, versions and thi
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 09:03:33 am »

Cover Art folder can be set by the user in Options>File Naming & Location>Track Image Location and is an absolute path name.

If you are going to change it - you can put it anywhere, you have to remove all cover art from your files and  re-import them unless they are stored inside the files! Don't think MC will detect a cover art folder change automatically - at least it did not, when I last used this functionality in January/February!

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 11:03:35 pm »

Thanks to Jaguu and Fex so far, but I'd still like to know if one actually has to retag every album? Someone (Matshif) mentioned 'some work here and there', which sounds like a lot work to me . . . :-)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2003, 01:18:47 am »

1) Select all audio files
2) Remove cover art, just from library not from disk!!!
3) Get Cover Art from Internet > Mode: Offline (use already downloaded Cover Art)

MC9 will do the work for you. It might not work 100%, but it will certainly do most of the work! If the title of the cover art file and the title of the music file match, MC9 should be able to find it. There is an option for exact or fuzzy matching!

And store the cover art inside the file! It takes up more disk space, as every music file store its own cover art, but then you won't have this problem again!

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 07:03:29 am »

Thanks a lot for helping me so far. As far as I can see, all files are where they should be now. Except the following: When I click Media Library, I've got the album info of 98 albums at the beginning of the list, all represented by four lines, like
AlbumArtSmall,
AlbumArt_{6FF5AF35-D714-4BCA-B93E-AC9D5B364B59}_Large,
AlbumArt_{6FF5AF35-D714-4BCA-B93E-AC9D5B364B59}_Small, and finally
Folder.
Are these info lines duplicates, or may they otherwise be safely removed?
Another thing; strangely enough, they all seem to originate from a folder I had created when I first started using MC - Rock/A-E. Any clues?
Pages: [1]   Go Up