INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to organize episodes in a TV series in Panel  (Read 628 times)

ewall

Trying to organize episodes in a TV series in Panel
« on: December 03, 2020, 09:52:04 pm »

I am using Media Center 27 via Panel to stream some TV video series. Things look fine in Media Center (ie things are in season/episode order) and I have filled in all the relevant tag info, but when I look at a series in Panel the episodes (which in this case cover more than one season) are not as I expected. For example, the first episode in the first season is listed last, the first episode in the second season is next to last, the second episode in the first season is listed third from last, and then things get really out of order. Is there some way to fix this?

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Trying to organize episodes in a TV series in Panel
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 10:18:46 pm »

Hi ewall. You have 2 posts, so I'll say welcome to the forums.  :)

All your sorting and everything else about the views in Panel is controlled from a different place than your regular MC standard views or theater views.

Go to Options->Media Network->Advanced->Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo, and Panel

The dialog box that you get is where you configure the views that Panel uses.

It uses a different method of view configuration than Standard View. Theater View, JRemote, Panel and Gizmo all share this alternate method. There's not a good tutorial on configuring those views that I've seen, but there's a little info in this thread:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103854.0
That thread is configuring Theater View views, which are in a different location, but the dialog box and methods are the same as what you need.

I hope this helps...

ewall

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 05:05:44 pm »

Hi wer. I have read more than I post.

Thanks, that pointed me in some right directions; it was a great help. It turned out that Panel is enough different than Theatre so I had to experiment a bit. What worked for me (and there seems to possibly be more than one way to do this)  is set library field categories: Series and Season for Show, then set rules: Media is Video, Sub Media is TV Show, and sort by Episode.

I note what is available seems really powerful, but reasonably opaque (and I used to program in a number of languages)

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 05:16:30 pm »

Yes, somewhat opaque, often documented poorly or not at all, powerful but complicated. Congratulations, you have correctly identified MC. :)

Indeed, there's more than one way to do many things in MC.  Glad you're all sorted out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up