INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song time clock doesn't stop at end of song  (Read 267 times)

Dean Wyler

• Recent member
Song time clock doesn't stop at end of song
« on: December 08, 2020, 11:18:05 am »

Song time clock doesn't stop at the end of a song.  It just continues with silence and won't go on to the next song.
As an example:
A song that is 2:37 will stop at 2:37 but then silence kicks in at the end of the song and the clock keeps counting time indefinitely...  2:38... 2:39 ....... 3:39  etc.

Circumstances:  I find this mostly when I'm running JRiver to listen to large playlists across my WiFi with a laptop downstairs away from my main system.  So the laptop downstairs has MC installed and is accessing the music from the main system upstairs and streaming it to a Yamaha pre-amp.  The problem kicks in after the 4th or 5th song.

I don't notice this when playing music on my hardwired system (upstairs) but when I'm in my main listening room I usually don't listen to playlists.  My playlists have thousands of songs in them and I play them on using the "play (shuffled)" option.  I've played around with the "play stop" option thinking that might be related but it doesn't seem to make a difference.   If I set it to stop after 60 minutes of play it still stops playing music (and clocking) after the 5th song (sometimes 4th song).

To work around this I have to go over to the laptop and hit the fast forward button or the shuffle play button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up