INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move library and Play Lists  (Read 842 times)

anothergene

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Move library and Play Lists
« on: April 12, 2003, 08:15:29 am »

Hi.  I've been trying to figure this for a day or so now and for some reason can't make any headway.  

I've got a new computer and I want to move all my music and library to it.  I've copied all the music over to it, but can't seem to get the library moved over.  I have no problem importing all the media again into the library.  

I can't figure out how to get my play lists over.  I've tried just importing the database again, but the music is not in the same location and the play lists show up empty.  I'm assuming because they can't find them music that's in them.

I would think this should be an easy thing to accomplish but I just can't figure out how to do it.  I've set up some custom audio catagories and I wouldn't mind getting them imported as well.

help   ?

g

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Move library and Play Lists
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 01:43:49 pm »

If you created user-specific database fields, then you have to create them again in your new library on your new pc. Then, when importing your files all the fields will be restored. User specific fields will not be created automatically for the time being!
Bug has been reported, but Matt said to be patient with that, they cannot work it out right now! If your files are neatly tagged, then media import is better than restoring the library, because you will get everything right!
On the other hand, if you want your playlists back, then you have to restore your library. You can change the new file path with Search&Replace in Media Library.

anothergene

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Move library and Play Lists
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 01:21:18 pm »

thanks!  worked like a charm.  Mostly.

There wer about 1600 songs to change.  Said it could do about 100 of them, but upon closer inspection they were changed any way.

Strangess abounds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up