INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: saving tags on read only dirs or files not always timing out  (Read 288 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
saving tags on read only dirs or files not always timing out
« on: December 11, 2020, 03:33:50 am »

My media files reside on a Linux server with samba, and the directories holding media files shared across a (wired) network. During reorganizing things, I shuffled some directories and files around and recreated shares. I made some mistakes with permissions and I noticed MC sometimes hangs indefinitely saving tags because write permissions were lacking on the directories or files.

Sometimes however (I think its the auto background import), popups do occur stating there were problems encountered saving tags and to check the file exists, there are permissions etc.

Other times, for example when I manually issue a get movie/TV info, MC's dialog accepts the OK and closes the dialog, gives no warnings, and it looks like its doing its thing. But in the bottom bar it says saving 1 tags and it will continue to sit there until I close and restart MC. Sometimes, MC will hang, turn pale and popup the message its no longer responding and can only be force closed.

So it appears MC handles those actions differently from the auto import? I'm guessing but there really seems a difference in handling here.

Anyway, I think there might be an issue here and MC is not always timing out on actions it cant complete. I can supply a log if that helps.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up