INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange remote control behaviour Possibly solved!!!!  (Read 528 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Strange remote control behaviour Possibly solved!!!!
« on: December 13, 2020, 06:01:11 pm »

Since upgrading to MC 27 around version 33 I have been having issues with my remote acting strange. It will jump two spaces on the guide when scanning up or down and sometimes will jump a whole day. other times I cannot direct access movies or audio unless I go back to the home screen. On the theatre view home screen it will also jump two spaces. I have tried restarting MC and no change. Sometimes if I reboot the PC and then restart MC it will work as normal. The other day I could not get it to work properly so I reloaded version 37 and it worked for two sessions and then went back to acting up. This morning I installed the latest version #43 of MC and it was fine until I reopened MC this afternoon and it is back to acting up again. I have went through all of the taming Windows defender tricks. I enabled logging and I cannot see an issue, There are no entries that mention remote commands. I have all of the latest windows updates but this started happening before I installed the latest ones. I am using a URC MX-850 remote but it also acts up with my HP windows remote. Is there something in the remote commands setup that could cause this to happen?
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Strange remote control behaviour
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 06:16:53 pm »

Did anything change on the machine?  Any new software?

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 07:13:07 pm »

Jim, no nothing has changed. I only use this computer for a HTPC. No games or email. Just windows 10 pro with the latest upgrades and MC. That is why it is so strange. Also I leave the PC powered up all of the time because when I try to use sleep mode it always acts up when starting MC to watch TV etc. Is there anything in defender that could cause any of these issues. I do not have any other antivirus or ad remover installed on it.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 09:20:18 pm »

It just keeps getting stranger. I recorded a show earlier tonight as the wife was watching a Christmas program and when I tried accessing it it was listed three times. Also a few other shows we had recorded earlier in the week were also duplicated up to three times some had been watched and deleted. After I finish watching the current show I will check my storage drive to see what it looks like in there. I also noticed that I can no longer direct access my movies, recorded tv shows or music from the remote. This was all working before the remote started acting up.

1maynard

• World Citizen
Re: Strange remote control behaviour Possibly solved!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 06:48:20 pm »

I may have found the issue with my strange remote behaviour. Today I weny through all of my remote codes that I have customized and no change. If I restart the PC and MC it would work until I tried to access a different mode, ie switch from Live TV to Recorded TV or Movies. Then the remote would start jumping two spaces either up and down or left or right. As a test I reloaded MC 26 and it started up and worked ok until I switched back to standard view to load the TV guide. When I reopened Theatre view it was back to jumping two spaces again. As I test I unhooked the IR receiver I was using that came with my old HTPC and used the one that came with my windows HP remote. I taught all of the commands from the HP windows remote to my URC MX-850 and it now is working right. My guess it that the old IR receiver was corrupting the commands. Time will tell. What is strange is sometimes it would work right. I will update if the issue comes back.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 07:08:49 pm »

Thanks for letting us know what you found.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 02:13:34 am »

I recently replaced my IR receiver with a standard USB one recognised as RC6 instead of the proprietary one on my TV Tuner card - just so the remote keys behaved as expected. Cost about $20 on ebay search for "TSDX-IR14". Windows load in built drivers automatically.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 12:37:24 pm »

I recently replaced my IR receiver with a standard USB one recognised as RC6 instead of the proprietary one on my TV Tuner card - just so the remote keys behaved as expected. Cost about $20 on ebay search for "TSDX-IR14". Windows load in built drivers automatically.

I have two rc6 IR receivers that I can use. Right now I am using the one that came with my HP Windows remote. After posting my results last night when I taught my MX-850 remote the commands from my HP Windows remote and started using the HP RC6 receiver It all worked for a couple of minutes and when I tried bringing up the TV Guide it quit working. I grabbed the HP remote and it still worked ok so I knew that it was somehow related to my using the URC remote. I decided to try a different IR code set for my MX-850 so I downloaded a different one in my programming software and downloaded it onto the MX-850 remote. As of right now all seems ok. I have restarted and stopped MC numerous times and it works every time and no longer is jumping two spaces with the up-down & right-left keys. I have no idea why it just started doing this as I have used the same code in my MX-850 for over five years. I have been using this remote and the IR code set since the old WMC days. Just for the nuts of it I plugged in the old IR receiver and it is working also. I wish I really knew what the root cause of the problem is. Probably somehow Windows update related.
Pages: [1]   Go Up