INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play music from Nextcloud ?  (Read 655 times)

Cmely

• Junior Woodchuck
Play music from Nextcloud ?
« on: December 15, 2020, 07:37:44 am »

Is it possible for JRiver Media Center to play music located on a remote server managed by Nextcloud? And if so, how?

To clarify my request, because I have problems to realize this (assuming it is possible) :

So my music files are located on a remote server. This server is managed by Nextcloud, on a Ubuntu Linux system.

The computer on which JRiver Media Center 27 is installed is a Windows 10 computer. On this computer, I manage to connect a network drive that appears as a disk in Windows Explorer.

Still via Windows Explorer, I can navigate easily in directories and music files are visible and readable.

On the other hand, if I go through JRiver Media Center I encounter several difficulties that I can't solve:
- if I try to import the music files, I get an error message ("folder not accessible, try with a folder for which you have rights"). Yet the disk and folders are clearly visible via JRiver Media Center.
- if I try to access the files via JRiver Media Center internal explorer, I can browse the folders on the network drive but the audio files are not visible .

Anyway, all this is very frustrating: I feel like I'm almost there...but I'm not...

Thanks in advance for your help :)

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Play music from Nextcloud ?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 12:54:03 pm »

I'm betting this is a permissions issue with the SMB share folders and/or files on the NextCloud side....  which is probably why you haven't received responses here.  Maybe Google search for how to match the nextcloud shares with the user you are logging into Windows with??  Just a guess.

Cmely

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 11:41:50 am »

Hi Badger, thank you for your suggestion.
I'll try to have a look at it, but I'm afraid this maybe beyond the scope of my competence.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 04:53:45 pm »

Out of curiosity, how are you connecting Nextcloud as a network drive in windows?  Via webdav?  Or SMB?  Or something else? 

I agree with badger, it's almost certainly a credential mismatch issue somewhere.

Cmely

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 01:23:15 pm »

Out of curiosity, how are you connecting Nextcloud as a network drive in windows?  Via webdav?  Or SMB?  Or something else? 

As I said previously, I'm not very savvy when it comes to network things (I don't really know what SMB mean  :o).
So I connect this way : Explorer > This Computer > Connect Network Drive > Add Webdav address given by Nextcloud, login and password. Et voilą ! :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 01:42:02 pm »

As I said previously, I'm not very savvy when it comes to network things (I don't really know what SMB mean  :o).

Google!

Cmely

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 02:07:56 pm »

Google!

I did !
I still don't know  ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up