INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Ubuntu] How to import configuration from JRiver Windows to JRiver Linux ?  (Read 1020 times)

Cmely

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello,

I was using JRiver Media Center as a music server on Windows. I've now switched my server to an Ubuntu Linux Server.

I did a lot of customization on my JRiver Windows installation :
- Customised Views,
- Notation of music pieces,
- Customized expressions,
- Organization of the panels,

How can I get all these customizations on my JRiver Ubuntu server?

Thanks in advance :)

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: [Ubuntu] How to import configuration from JRiver Windows to JRiver Linux ?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 08:36:27 am »

You can backup the library on windows and the restore the library on Linux.  If you only want your views and settings you can just export the settings part of the library.

The paths to the actual music files will require manual repair after the restore though because windows and linux file paths are different.  This can take a bit of fiddling, but there are a few good threads linked below that talk through the steps in detail.  At a high level the first step after restoring the library is turning off auto-import in the background so that the library isn't changing while you fix it.  Then you can use the "rename, move, copy" tools with the Update Path options to fix them.  Try a few to test, then you can do the rest all at once. 

There's much more detail on the process in some older threads:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123748.msg857087.html#msg857087
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,117593

The only caveat I'll offer is that I had no problem restoring both the library and the settings, unlike the poster in the second thread.  I'd definitely try and do both at once first and see how it goes.

Cmely

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 10:22:15 am »

[...]  If you only want your views and settings you can just export the settings part of the library [...]

Thank you for your reply.
How would I do that ? I've been trying those steps :
- Backup Library on windows machine
- Restore Library on Linux machine and select only "restore settings" (because I alrdeay have done a "auto-import" on my Linux machine. I just need my settings, my ratings and my "number plays"

But this changes nothing. Am I doing it the wrong way ?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 01:05:56 pm »

Thank you for your reply.
How would I do that ? I've been trying those steps :
- Backup Library on windows machine
- Restore Library on Linux machine and select only "restore settings" (because I alrdeay have done a "auto-import" on my Linux machine. I just need my settings, my ratings and my "number plays"

But this changes nothing. Am I doing it the wrong way ?

You need to restore the entire library not just the settings to get ratings and number of plays.  Try restoring the whole library as I suggested and see if that brings what you need with it.  You may need to restart MC after loading the library (but make sure to turn off auto-import first!)

Cmely

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 04:49:24 pm »

Ok, thank you, I finally managed to (almost) recover everything. I still have some small few glitches here and here, but nothing unsurmountable.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up