INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audiobooks - any update since 2013? - Help needed  (Read 681 times)

henning65

• Junior Woodchuck
Audiobooks - any update since 2013? - Help needed
« on: December 19, 2020, 01:06:48 pm »

Good Evening

I would like to ask for some help on audiobooks.

My goals
- separate audiobooks from other audio --> no audiobooks in the album / artist / genre view for AUDIO  -- & -- no audio in the view for Audiobooks
==>> As far as I understand: JRiver uses a Media Sub type "Audiobook" to separate this "kind of media" from other media. How is it possible to populate the JRiver tag "Media Sub type" based on an existing file-metadata-field? For example: Musicbrainz uses a metadata field "Releasetype". Audiobooks have the Releasetype "audio drama" or "audiobook" or "broadcast" - Would this work and how?

- create a top level view audiobooks with WRITER (the author of the book) and as sub level: ALBUM
==> for now I was only able to create a sub level view for audiobooks under the top level view AUDIO - I would like to generate a top level view - but don't know how to

- Use the Book - Author as top level within audiobook
=>> As far as I understand: JRiver has a tag Author, but that's not populated with the data from file-metadata-field "author" - any help? Maybe its necessary to create an new JRiver Field and populate this file with the data from the audio file-medatata-field "author" - Some advise would be Wellcome.

Thanks for your advice!

Yours

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audiobooks - any update since 2013? - Help needed
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 02:25:16 pm »

You can copy and paste tags from one field to another.  You might have to add a custom tag if the tag doesn't already exist in MC.  The wiki should help.

Case must match.
Pages: [1]   Go Up