Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gifts  (Read 670 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Gifts
« on: December 21, 2020, 09:41:54 pm »

We've got two more days before JRiver breaks for Xmas and New Year's.  We'll be back to work on January 4th.

Hanukkah's over, but a friend just gave me some challah bread that's traditional for Hanukkah.  Tasty, something like the dinner rolls my aunts would serve.

We've been challenged this year, but we're getting through it.  On the radio today, someone said we're in the 4th inning of a baseball game.  We're learning more about the meaning of patience.

I've tried to give what I can.  A $10 tip at the MacDonald's drive through got a big smile today.  I gave a friend some money for Xmas gifts for his family.  He's given me far more over the years.

This week, I gave myself a gift.  I pulled an old Scandinavian wood stove out of storage and connected it to my fireplace.

In my 30's, I had a wood stove store and sold a couple hundred every year for about five years.  I heated my house with two of them for 18 years, rocking my kids to sleep next to one, but I haven't had a stove going in my house for about 25 years.

My mom bought the one I still have.  It's a Lange 6302A, made in Denmark.  It has a red porcelain finish that darkens a little when it heats up.   It has a scene with St. Hubertus on the side.

It's a pleasure to have it going again.

I wish you all the very best in the days and months to come.  Happy Holidays!

zybex

• MC Beta Team
Re: Gifts
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 03:52:50 am »

Happy holidays Jim, Matt, and everyone else at JRiver  :)

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 06:03:29 am »

Many thanks Jim and all other guys doing this great job here. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

@JimH. I have the same carpet and my floor looks like as in your house - LOL
Wake up and slow down 😴

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 09:21:32 am »

We had a blizzard yesterday afternoon.  The temperature dropped from about 40 F to 0 F (-14 C) and the winds were gusting 40 to 50 MPH (65 to 85 Kmh) with heavy snow.  It was going by sideways and, at times, it was very difficult to see the road.

This is when it was just getting serious.   Visibility dropped from there.

]
Pages: [1]   Go Up