INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error: Uxpected failure reading file cache  (Read 1259 times)

DOSMAN

• nothing more to say...
Error: Uxpected failure reading file cache
« on: August 25, 2003, 08:21:29 pm »

Sometimes when I try to burn a audio cd I get the following error:

Error: Unexpected failure reading files cache
File/Disc read error encountered

If I note the track that causes the error and remove it from the track list and try again it will often continue....until it finds another track that causes the same error.  The tracks play fine and burn correctly if I use other burning software.

I have updated aspi.    Any other ideas?

Bill

Any Idea what is causing this?

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: Error: Uxpected failure reading file cache
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 05:16:33 am »

:)
you might have a bad file that is being burned and played by the other software reguardless of the error,

i have found on some of mine that were done with other software that when i burned them on the cdroms   they made the cdrom stop playing.  and  the reason was the end of the song was cut just alittle bit.

but enough that the player could not continue playing it everytime,  and it stopped more often then did not  stop.

i had convert it  back to a wav file and then use a   wav editor to fade the end of the song out and then add 2 seconds of silence on the end of it.  that fixed it.

i also found that defrag will mess up the songs if there is not any silence on the ends of it  but if there is 2   seconds of silence on the front and  end of the songs they dont seem to get messed up by the defragmentor.

if the song is alright then you need to get a  ram cleaning program  i use one from analogx.com  called maxmem  it is the smallest one i found.  it will keep more ram for your burner to use.   also you might need to get a  tweaking program and tweak your stacks.  i use the  program  called  xteq setup   it is the most used and most abled tweaker there is for windows.

but you might need to have your stacks up to 16 to fix it  or you  should  increase the size of your cache also.

xteq set up has wizards to protect you from doing something wrong.

hope  this helps
roving cowboy / keith hall
Pages: [1]   Go Up