INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Buring Feature for DVD Players w/ MP3 Capabil.  (Read 686 times)

broepke

• Recent member
  • "The best revenge is massive success." Sinatra
New Buring Feature for DVD Players w/ MP3 Capabil.
« on: April 12, 2003, 02:56:32 pm »

Ok - I have a Sony DVD Player that plays MP3 and it support viewing the file name as text as well.   Very cool.  However it isn't very good with sorting and for some reason on the MP3 disks it doesn't like random play.

Becuase the sorting is based on the alpha sort of the file name they recommend that you append the play order number to the front of the file name to give you a ordered sort.  Here are my ideas:

1) Add the ability to rename a file during the burn so when it ends up on the CD it has the play order number at the front of the track (e.g. Mike Ness-Cheating at Solitaire-Don't Think Twice.MP3 --> 001-Mike Ness-Cheating at Solitaire-Don't Think Twice.MP3)

2) Becuase there is limited text have the option to strip out portions of the file name, like the album name. (e.g. Mike Ness-Cheating at Solitaire-Don't Think Twice.MP3 --> 001-Mike Ness-Don't Think Twice.MP3)

What is cool about this idea is the ability to only rename the files as they are copied to the disk - not on your hard drive!

Thoughts and comments appriciated or simply let me know if you know a way around this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up