INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion for Display in Theater Mode  (Read 304 times)

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Suggestion for Display in Theater Mode
« on: December 22, 2020, 03:56:57 am »

During scrolling through longer lists it would be helpful to overlay a large first character of the sorted items. Scrolling to a specific position in alphabet is sometimes difficult when names with articles are displayed. So you cannot just check for a single character on a given position.

Adding an item to playing now generates an overlayed 'add'. Can this be enabled for other functions as well ? Open an artist (to display his albums) takes 1 to 2 seconds. During this time, users which do not know about that delay, press 'Enter' a second or third time and will directly go into an album.
The same applies to 'Backspace' when returning from Tracks to Albums or from Albums to Artists.
A confirmation overlay would help.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Suggestion for Display in Theater Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 12:31:28 pm »

I don't experience these problems. I think adding such an overlay would be a visual eyesore on theater view.

If you want to jump to one letter in a long list, tapping that key will take you there. (And if you use a remote, programmable ones can send keystrokes.)

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Suggestion for Display in Theater Mode
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 03:26:18 pm »

There are several overlay messages. This would not disturb the visual appearance.

For the moment I'm helping me with a 1500ms LED animation. During this time the keyboard controller rejects further key aktivities.
Thought that could be solved smarter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up