INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keycodes to open Context Menu  (Read 475 times)

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Keycodes to open Context Menu
« on: December 18, 2020, 12:04:45 pm »

In Standard View Shift-F10 opens the context menu (same as mouse right click).
In Theater View the same key combination does nothing. Is there a different key to be used ?
Note: My keyboard does not provide a dedicated 'Menu'-Key.

There is a MCC Command  MCC_SHOW_MENU. Is this meant to be used for that ? What does MenuID?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Keycodes to open Context Menu
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 01:52:17 pm »

If you are still trying to accomplish your Add (as Next to Play) command idea, I'd suggest waiting. There's been progress. It is still Beta though, I believe (unless he made it public recently, I've been busy this week), so I've been waiting for it to become public before I said anything.

EDIT: Looks like Matt outed it himself in your other thread. I've tested it briefly. It works as it says on the tin.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 01:55:34 pm »

I should also note: No need for a special command to open that menu. It responds to the keyboard Menu Button. If you need to trigger it with a MC Command (rather than just emulating the keypress) you can with https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MCC_KEYSTROKE

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 03:43:47 am »

If you are still trying to accomplish your Add (as Next to Play) command idea, I'd suggest waiting. There's been progress. It is still Beta though, I believe (unless he made it public recently, I've been busy this week), so I've been waiting for it to become public before I said anything.

EDIT: Looks like Matt outed it himself in your other thread. I've tested it briefly. It works as it says on the tin.

You're right. It is related to my Control-Panel-Project.
I am happy to wait a little longer if progress can be expected here.

Are you involved as a member of the beta team?
A few more suggestions:

MCC commands should work as independently of the context as possible. It would therefore only be logical if commands like MCC_LIST_SEND_TO_PLAYING_NOW would work in every view.

The commands in the context menu of the TheaterView are, for example, Add, Add Artist, Add Album. The latter is unclear if the selection is on an artist. And that doesn't make any sense in views with photos. The 'more play options' menu shows 20 entries. I have to scroll to read them all.

Instead, a general treatment should be sought:
It is sufficient to distinguish whether the focused element or the filtered selection is added. And each of the two commands with the option 'Replace the title in Playing now', 'Insert next' or 'Append at end'.

This general approach would work with every view and structure. No matter if you categorize file type, genre, actor or watever.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 06:52:38 am »

You're right. It is related to my Control-Panel-Project.
Please call it something other than Panel to avoid confusion with JRiver's Panel.  Control Board, for example.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 11:28:33 am »

I don't work for JRiver. I'm just a user like you, but one who has been here for 15+ years and helps do some limited testing (when I have time).

MCC commands should work as independently of the context as possible. It would therefore only be logical if commands like MCC_LIST_SEND_TO_PLAYING_NOW would work in every view.

MCC_LIST_SEND_TO_PLAYING_NOW was kept unchanged. It will still only operate on Standard View for technical reasons.

However, Matt added new <playitems> options to all Command Line commands which accept <playitems>: Selected and Shuffle. If Selected is included as (one of) the <playitems>, it will include all selected items in the currently open view (whether Standard or Theater, etc). If Shuffle is specified as one of the <playitems> it will also shuffle the resulting list.

This operates on all command line controls that accept <playitems> documented here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/The_Command_Line

Therefore, this is a more general-purpose capability than simply expanding MCC_LIST_SEND, because it allows you to specify specific files (via filename, MC File Key, playlist, View path, etc) and also selected files, and also to shuffle them optionally.

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 01:22:12 am »

Sounds promising.
Will these functions become available through MCC Commands too?  Didn't find any MCC Command with <playitem> so far.  Or is there another possibility to assign keys and IR commands to to command line functions?  Resource.XML shows the usage of MCC Commands only.
Pages: [1]   Go Up