INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 27.0.47 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 4091 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 27.0.47 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: December 23, 2020, 02:31:14 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 27.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270047-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270047.exe

27.0.47 (12/22/2020)

1. Changed: Updated Dutch translation (thanks Maarten!).
2. Fixed: TV background tasks might not be performed if no recording actions were scheduled.
3. Fixed: The DSP variables for the enabled state could be big values instead of 0 or 1.
4. Fixed: Pausing while watching a TV show that was still being recorded would cause recording to stop and restart, creating multiple recordings.

27.0.46 (12/18/2020)

1. Fixed: Dividers in Parametric Equalizer did not always save their text properly.
2. NEW: DSP Presets can be saved and loaded from files.
3. Changed: Removed length limitation on string data in certain MP4 atoms (would make the waveform analysis incorrect on M4A files).
4. Fixed: Resources for covert art sent by the DLNA content directory had incorrect attributes which could cause them to be rejected in cases where they were compared to the SourceProtocolInfo.

27.0.45 (12/15/2020)

1. NEW: Specifying "Selected" on the command line will grab the selected files.
2. NEW: Specifying "Shuffle" as one of the files on the command line will shuffle the selection.
3. Changed: Made the program message when Google has shut off translation (instead of just trying again and again failing).

27.0.44 (12/14/2020)

1. Fixed: Filling a translation from Google was not working.

27.0.43 (12/11/2020)

1. Fixed: Firing an MCC 22003 on a not found index would crash.
2. NEW: MCC 22003 with an index of 12 shows Cloudplay.
3. NEW: Added a Cloudplay toolbar button.

27.0.42 (12/11/2020)

1. Fixed: YouTube playback was not working.

27.0.41 (12/11/2020)

1. Fixed: The change cover art prompt added in build 40 would show always instead of only on a change.
2. Fixed: The libav dependency is checked when doing a video file conversion.
3. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).

27.0.40 (12/10/2020)

1. Changed: When moving cover art to a new folder, a confirmation is shown before moving all the files.
2. NEW: The statusbar is updated from a thread so blocking to access a drive spinning up won't block the program.
3. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
4. Changed: The cover art path is not validated until it is used, so having it on a non-spinning drive will not spin the drive up just viewing the library.
5. Fixed: Possible deadlock when starting to play a DMS TV channel.

27.0.39 (12/8/2020)

1. Fixed: The track info processor was not handling all the formats properly since the parenthesis addition.
2. Fixed: Text vertical alignment is properly maintained in nested tags.
3. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Changed: Equalizer presets are sorted by name (instead of randomly).
5. Changed: When shuffling a set of tracks all by the same artist, the album will be used to maximize the shuffle instead of the artist.
6. Fixed: Seeking to end of file in video playback sometimes was ignored.
7. NEW: Recording works on DMS Tuner channels.

27.0.38 (11/30/2020)

1. Changed: When renaming a library, if you rename the active library, the name used for backups will also be updated.
2. Fixed: When playing a DMS TV channel, the tuner status got stuck at "Initializing..."
3. Fixed: Media Center would not display JPEG images with minor defects (often in metadata tags).
4. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
5. Changed: Made digital TV code more robust against bad data.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wer

Re: JRiver Media Center 27.0.47 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 02:50:20 pm »

Thanks Matt, I'll check out those DSP changes when I get back.

Also just wanted to draw your attention to the last bug reported on the previous release, just yesterday: import/export dialog mangles some search expressions.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,127888.msg888200.html#msg888200

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

wer

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 07:05:37 pm »

I found a nasty bug in RMCF.

If you have a file in there, with RENAME set as the main option, and uncheck all the sections (all 4 checkboxes) then the preview will show the new file name as <no change>

And if you then click OK on the dialog box, instead of cancel, MC changes the filename tag in the database to <No Change>

This of course breaks the link. The file itself is not touched.

Clicking Ok on such a dialog is not irrational. It is necessary if you want to change the defaults of the dialog (like if it is maximized or how sections are filled out), as clicking cancel abandons such changes and leaves the dialog maximized. This user behavior is provoked by the ancillary bugs of dialogs like RMCF or DSP Studio suddenly deciding to be maximized windows for no reason.  Correcting RMCF in this way is destructive.

wer

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 03:55:22 pm »

I'm also seeing another behavior in RMCF that is at best inappropriate, and at worst a bug. It is certainly confusing.
I encountered this when testing something for dtc.

When using the RMCF tool to update the database with no rename/move/copy (i.e. strictly a db update) and you change a [filename] using find and replace to actually FIX a broken link, then MC will throw a warning box saying

"One or more files is going to a name that already exists on the system. It will automatically be renamed. Is this OK?"

That message should NOT be shown when doing a mere database update, as no fs changes should be executed.  If you answer NO to this, the database update is not performed. So you must answer YES.

This message should ONLY be shown if you are doing file system changes (an actual rename, move, or copy) that will result in a filename conflict. Then one of the files must be renamed so that both are preserved.  But that's not the case here.

I think this should be corrected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up