INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio setting  (Read 914 times)

whataboutbob1

• World Citizen
DSP Studio setting
« on: December 23, 2020, 07:20:33 pm »

What setting do I need to select in the DSP Studio (see attachment) so that my music files play at the exact resolution/format of the original file?  In other words, a DSD file will play as a DSD file, a 44.1/24 file will play as a 44.1/24 file, etc. I do have an external D/A converter I run the computer to that reads up to DSD 11.2

Thank you,

Bob

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: DSP Studio setting
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 05:40:58 am »

Almost... On the "Channels" section on the right, change the drop down to "Source number of channels" instead of stereo as you have it now.

Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 07:41:25 am »

I never use DSP Studio and send all music files with WASPI directly to my DAC - DSD, 6 channel flacs, AC3 and so on are then encoded by the DAC. Gives in my opinion the best sound transfer.
Wake up and slow down 😴

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 09:12:05 am »

Agreed, just turn off everything in DSP studio.

For DSD up to 11.2, you need the manufacturer's ASIO driver, set for native DSD, not DoP. Set Bitstreaming on for DSD in Audio options. And, keep the volume at 100% when playing DSD. 

If using dlna,  you need to do some other setup there.

whataboutbob1

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 10:04:29 am »

Hi,

So based on your comments it seems the consensus is for the best sound turn the DSP Studio off altogether.  I attached a screen shot to see if I did it correctly.

As far as the coment on playback of DSD are you saying to selec one of the DSD native setting within the DSP Studio's "Output Encoding" section?  And if so, I noticed it turns on the output format (in the checkbox in upper left hand corner) back on........so do I then "un-check" that checkbox? 

I do have the manufactuers ASIO driver installed for my TEAC D/A converter in one sytem, and the output for my main system runs directly to the input of a Marantz SA-10 disc player that has a built in D/A converter. The Marantz driver is installed in MC, it doesn't specify that is is am ASIO driver but the manufacterer manual reports it decodes DSD up to 11.2.

Thank you all for you help!

Bob

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 10:15:43 am »

Output Encoding converts everything to DSD. You do not want that.

In Tools - Options - Audio there is a Bitstreaming option. By default it is set to None. You need to check the DSD option.  That will guarantee that DSD is sent without any changes.  In that same Audio section make sure the DoP option is not set under your ASIO driver setting.  Most DACs that support 11.2 DSD will do so through native mode, not DoP.  And, on playback, make sure volume is at 100% for DSD. With some drivers a non 100% value with corrupt the DSD stream.

whataboutbob1

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2020, 11:01:47 am »

Great!!!  I set it and it's working like a champ!!!

Thanks, and if you celebrate the holidays......Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!!!

Bob

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2020, 11:17:42 am »

Enjoy the music - just don't OD on the Christmas music :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up