INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Import refuses to pick up some files  (Read 514 times)

Anthony99

• Recent member
Library Import refuses to pick up some files
« on: December 24, 2020, 08:50:40 pm »

I have MC 25 installed on a Win 10 64 computer in my living room with music sourced from a Synology NAS. This arrangement has been working well with various versions of MC for years.

Recently I installed MC 25 on a Win 10 64 computer in my home office and imported music from the same NAS location. However, I find that it has not imported all files for one album and, no matter what I do, it stubbornly refuses to import them. Specifically, it will not import the 2nd and 7th tracks from a particular folder on the NAS. I have tried deleting the album from the library and just importing the single folder, but to no avail. MC will play these files fine when I select them in Windows Explorer and click "Open with JRiver Media Center" - they just never turn up in MC on my home office computer.

The odd thing is that these tracks have imported fine and are visible on MC 25 on my other computer. The tracks in question have also been sitting unchanged on the NAS for years and have happily been imported for every version of MC I have installed (I think I started with MC 21) - I know this because the album is one of my favourites.

I don't know how many other tracks are missing as I stumbled over these two simply by chance when I wanted to play the album.

Any suggestions? How can I get these files imported and also have confidence that all files on the NAS actually have been imported? I guess I can compare library file counts between each version of MC 25 but I am now not confident that my original version will have imported all the tracks either.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Import refuses to pick up some files
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 09:15:34 pm »

It's possible they are in the library, but not showing where you think they should because the tags are wrong, or they are otherwise filtered in your view.

Try doing a search, or creating an unfiltered view.

Or, they might not be in the library because you previously deleted them, and have MC configured to not reimport previously deleted files. Read this:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93616.0

Anthony99

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 05:02:57 pm »

I searched. The items are not in the library anywhere.

Also, this is a fresh, vanilla install of MC 25 on a computer that has never had MC installed before - "do not reimport deleted files" is set off by default on install and is still set off.

One of the items has subsequently reappeared in the library. I think that is because I added it to a new playlist from an existing playlist I imported from my other installation. The other file still refuses to import.

I am going to delete the library and re-import everything. I am still concerned that there are other files missing that I will never know about.

wer

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 05:24:53 pm »

If you think a file has magically reappeared in the library, I suggest you turn off "run auto import in background" and take control of the importing yourself.

If you want to be sure, check the all files database: make a smartlist: ~d=a

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 05:26:16 pm »

I am going to delete the library and re-import everything. I am still concerned that there are other files missing that I will never know about.
Don't do that.  Either you haven't set up auto import to include the file type or it's there and you're not seeing it.  It may be under a different media type than you expect.  Documents, for example.
Pages: [1]   Go Up